Monday Morning Church - Alan Jackson [SandArt]

Jon was heartbroken. That was the only way to describe his current state of mind right now. It seemed nothing was going to change it either. Everything had fallen into shades of gray since...

Sniffling, Jon brought his knees up to the bed, weary of the mess around him. His clouded eyes found an upturned bible on the windowsill and he had to tear his eyes away from it before he became angry and destroyed more things.

His hands, bruised and slightly bloody from hitting the living room piano keys so hard after trying to play the songs he could hear in his head, along with the voice that plagued his every being and failing, ached as his fingernails slid into previous indents. If it were up to him, he would sell everything, do anything, to bring him back. Back to him.

Leo had swung by, helped him clean up and showered him with the most affection he could give, tried to help him. Tried to convince him that things would get better, despite his own tears. Said that he was in a better place, where he was meant to be, that he wouldn't want to see Jon like this.

Jon listened, but didn't take most of it in. Leo barely knew what it felt like to have a heart so empty and pained, that even your religion couldn't fix it. It was only going to get worse from here. He knew it so.

"Thomas, why...?" Jon sobbed, face buried away in his knees, the name like a bullet though his brain as the quiet around him became too much to bear.

"Why did you leave me...?"