Colors - Halsey [Nateplier]

Nate's favorite colour was blue, Mark had decided. It seemed blue, not just the colour alone, was the only way to describe him. Cool. Calm. Collected.

Mark on the other hand, Mark was a bright fiery red, in Nate's eyes. He was exactly what red was. Passionate. Intense. Dominant.

When they were together, their relationship could only be described as three colors: Purple, Magenta and Indigo.

When they were purple, they worked together like clockwork.

All the pieces just fit together perfectly and separately, they both remembered the nicest memories being tinged in bright vivid shades of royalty and gold, treasured more than others.

When they are Magenta, Mark was the cause.

Mark's intensity and fire, while it lead to plenty of beautiful orange moments in their shared bedroom, engulfed Nate's bright blue till it was drained most of the time, leaving him drained.

Most of the memories were orange at that point, both willing to forget the more pink moments unremembered till now.

Indigo was the opposite. Indigo was Nate's doing.

Nate's coolness, his stubbornness and not to mention the darkness he had folded up like a cloud around him affected Mark greatly, some days a little too much.

It usually led to baby blue memories of quiet lazy days, music being written, voices singing and soft whispers of promises between lovers. But it also led to nights where even the quiet caused sorrow and tears even fire couldn't fight.

In the end, the colors, after putting up the best fight that they could throughout the time. couldn't sustain themselves and drowned away, letting them go and leaving them both in a sea of gray.

They could have fought.

They could have swam.

They could have held on.

But it wasn't meant to be.

After all, when you lose love, can you ever get it back?