A Lovely Night - Emma Stone/Ryan Gosling [Thomerce]

"Thomas, I really just don't feel like going out right now,. I have work to do." That was the general sentence that Ben used everytime Thomas begged him to go see a movie or go to a concert or anything really.

It seemed it was coming up more and more recently, Ben sometimes varying it in ways like 'I've just got to finish this project right now." or "I'll think about it okay, as soon as I'm done." or the ever so popular 'Why don't you just go with Leo or Joan? I can't make time right now.'

Thomas was getting sick of the excuses, so he decided to act.

Walking into their shared apartment in the afternoon, Thomas smiled when he saw a rather forlorn and annoyed Ben tapping at his computer screen. "What the fuck!?"

"What's wrong pinky?" Thomas made no indication that he knew what was going on, going for a soft smile, even as Ben's heated glare turned towards him.

"Are you behind this?" Ben spoke calmly, but the way his shoulders were drawn back spoke volumes.

"Behind what?"

"Don't you dare." Ben hissed, before turning back mto the computer and trying to enter it with yet again, no success. "Somebody has locked my computer up and I need to finish my work."

"Babe, why don't you just take the night off?" Thomas suggested, pointing to the now starry lit sky that had fallen over Los Angeles. "Look at how nice it is out there. It would be a waste of a lovely night to just sit here."

"I wasn't planning just to sit here." Ben grumbled, but looked up at where Thomas was pointing and had to agree. "It's okay, I guess."

"Oh, bull. You haven't been outside for so long, you've forgotten what it feels like. Come on, one night. We'll even make it a date so it's extra fun. We can go do...something, anything. So please, Ben..." Thomas held out his hand. "Let's not waste it."

Ben looked between him and the hand before sighing,shaking his head at him and getting up. "I'm going to go fetch my jacket and when we come back, you'd better unlock my goddamn computer."

"I had nothing to do with this!" Thomas called out as Ben left the room, but chuckled soon after. "Yeah, 'I<3Sanders' is so going to stay once he finds out, but..." He looked at the computer with a suspicious look. "Maybe we could prolong this..."