Can I have some Cake?

**Anabelle's pov**

When we pulled up to Momma Jane's house I was so happy. We had planned to make thirty different types of cookies. I asked daddy is we could go get cookie cutters so we could make different shapes.

So when we pulled up and daddy parked the car I was out of the car and in Momma Jane's arms so fast, daddy panicked. So when he got out of the car he was mad.

"Anabelle." He said, he never yelled. It wasn't his thing. But when he said my full name and with that tone I knew I fucked up.

"Yes?" I said shyly

"Do not move one step." I nodded. Momma Jane hugged me and walked into her house. I felt like he was gonna hit me. That old fear of a beating was always there. I knew he wasn't but that doesn't mean I wasn't scared he would.

He pulled my bag and cookie cutters out of the back and walked up to me. He kissed my head, and sighed.

"Baby girl, you scared me. Try not to do that, okay?"

"Otay, I am sowry." He smiled and kissed my head again

"Let's go inside." I sighed with relief. I just scared him, he wasn't mad. So I wasn't gonna get hit.

**Jackson's pov**

I was so scared, she bolted out of the car once it was parked.  I don't mind that she just wants to be with my momma but can we wait till the car is off? Apparently not. We are gonna talk about that. And if she thinks I missed the rigid state he body went into with I said her full name, she would be mistaken. Looks like I have to show her that I meant it when I say I won't hurt her, ever again.

As we walk into the house I smell the baked bread. When I first brought my baby girl over she barley ate. Now the doctors are saying she is starting to gain the needed weight. Dylan's death caused a slight set back. She just wouldn't eat. Momma fixed that. Anne had a weakness for toast and jam, and momma makes the best homemade bread this side of the red river, and pared with her strawberry jam, Anne never stood a chance.

Yeah I have a great momma, but my shit sperm donor made my childhood hell.

So when I walked up to the room to put the bag away, and went back downstairs, it was no surprise to find her at the table with jam all over her face. Momma was scolding her for getting it in her hair! How does she even manage that. I see momma talking to her and baby girl was just munching away. I pull out my phone and take a picture. I smile, that is so cute! Then I frown. I am a god damn softy. Well only with her. I will still kill anyone I find annoying. So I have a balance.

**Momma Jane's pov**

This girl! I am gonna have jam on my ceiling, I don't even know how she managed it. I heard Jackson come downstairs, and stop. After I get as much jam I can out of her hair without a bath, I look up and I see him smiling at his phone. I laugh, and he looks up. I point the phone and wink. He scowls at me, but then Anne claims his attention. He walked over and kisses the jam away. She is a giggling and squirming mess by the end of it. I hand him a rag to get the rest of it.

They go the living room while I make lunch. I hear loud laughing. So I pull out my phone getting ready to take a video. But instead I just watch. Anabelle is beating Jackson's chest as he tickles her sides. He is telling her when she says that he is the best daddy ever he will let up. She is refusing, and saying anything else but that. I watch, enjoying the moment she surrenders. He smirks and kisses her head. Demon my ass. I think.