You Make Me Feel Like Cupid

Chapter 24

Happy Valentine's Day 🌹

  ---

    "Can I take this blindfold off now Jae?" Alex laughed.

   We were in my car at the lake that I took him to before. I decided to finally take him on a date since we didn't go anywhere for Valentine's Day.

  "Wait one second I'm gonna help you out the car" I responded climbing out the car and walking over to his side of the car door.

    I opened it up and grabbed his hand. He climbed out and I wrapped my arm around his waist.

  "Jaeeee where are we, its cold out here"

  I walked us over to the mini picnic I had setup it was a simple  blanket with rose petals spread out everywhere and candles surrounding the area. The sun was setting so the candles lit up the front of the lake.

  I ain't never did anything like this for anybody and I didn't even know if he would like it, it wasn't much but it was better then going to watch some weak ass movie.

    "Alright I'm gonna take it off now Alexander" I stood behind Alex and slowly removed the blindfold from over his eyes.

  He blinked a few times and rubbed his eyes adjusting them to the light.

   He turned around and smiled at me before actually taking in his surroundings. His eyes automatically caught the candles lighting up the area and covered his mouth with his hands.

  "I know it might be mad corny but I really wanted to do something special for you sinc--

He cut my rambling off by wrapping his arms around my neck and hugging me tightly.

     "I love it so much Javon, it's perfect"

   I wasn't really surprised by his reaction I knew he would love whatever I did for him no matter what it was.

"I'm glad you like it boo"

  We walked over to the blanket and I sat down.

    Alex put his hands on his waist and looked up at the sky before he sat down.

  "It's really pretty out here, thank you for showing me this place"
He smiled laying back on the cover.

  I laid next to him and rolled over to stare at him. He had a few roses stuck in his hair which was sprawled out against the quilt. His eyes looked like they were glowing with the stars beaming down on them. He had on my Basketball hoodie and a pair of white jeans.

  He looked really nice as always.

  "You look nice" I mumbled.

"Thank you" He smiled turning to face me.

  "We should go grab something to eat after this if you're hungry I would've brought food but I couldn't think of anything good"

  "I'm actually not really hungry, I'm just happy to have your company" He said staring at me.

   He leaned over and laid his head on my chest.

   "What are you thinking about right at this moment Jae?"

  That was a random question and for the first time in a while I could say I wasn't thinking about anything stressful.

   "I'm thinking about you, and how after all this shit you still sticking with me"