Chapter 12

"I never loved you."

Jack's heart shattered at those four words. "W-What do y-you mean."

Felix only smirked. "I wanted to be a king too you know. I would've married into the throne but since you're dying there's no hope for me doing that." Jack felt warm tears running down his face, slightly warming him for all the wrong reasons.

Felix began walking around the room. He poured water on the fire, putting it out. He licked his fingers and put out the candles set up around the room. "F-Felix please." Jack begged, his eyes glistening with tears.

"It's to late for that Jackaboy." He coldly said. Felix walked to the door opening it. The last thing he heard was a click of a lock.

Jack reached out and fell off the couch. He started coughing violently. "S-Somebody h-help me." He barely whispered. He stopped holding himself up and collapsed against the door.

———————————————————————

Mark pulled against the restraints desperately. He looked down and noticed ice was overcoming the metal and the room. He pulled harder. The chains started to snap and one by one and soon he became free. He heard footsteps pounding down the hallway of what assumed was the guards coming to get him. Both chains holding him eventually snapped, freeing his hands. He smiled to himself and watched as the entire room froze over making it easier for things to break. He punched the iron bars, them easily snapping. "Yes." He cheered, almost silently. He ran out the gap onto the ice that surrounded the castle.

———————————————————————

Jack must've fallen asleep after he collapsed because when he opened his eyes, a click of a lock was heard. He weakly looked up and saw the same snowman that was with Mark when they went to get him back. "D-Don't h-hurt me." He weakly said putting his hands up.

"What? Why would I hurt you." The Tiny Snowman said wandering around the room without a care. He looked over at Jack. "Oh my I thought Felix would've helped you." The snowbox looked sad.

"H-Help me." Jack said before going off into a coughing fit.

"Ok." The snowman walked over and helped Jack to his feet.

Jack looked around the room and noticed ice starting to appear. "T-Tim? W-what-t's Go-ing t-to hap-pen?" Jack quietly said.

"Nothing will happen I promise." Tim said wisely.

"You promise?" Jack spoke like a kid, keeping the innocent tone he used with Felix.

"Yes, now come on. We're going to find Mark. He'll fix this." Tim said while dragging Jack out the room that was being overcome by ice.

Jack stumbled out after him, nearly falling. The two ran out stopping abruptly when an icicle shot out of the wall blocking them off. They turned around seeing the same happened to the other side. "W-Wh-hat do w-we d-o no-w." Jack trembled.

Tim looked around wildly, the ice coming closer towards him. His eyes looked right in front of him and he spotted a window. "This way!" He called, pulling Jack out of it. "T-Tim Th-is isn't a good idea!" Jack cried out as he fell.

"Don't worry we'll be fine." The two slid down the roof, landing (Surprisingly gently) on the ground.

———————————————————————

Mark ran out into the storm that had began to form around the entire lake. He threw his head around frantically. He spotted a figure in the distance walking towards him in a serious like manour. The figure came close to him the shadow just covering his entire body. The shadow dispersed and the figure became clearer.