Stage 1 (part 1)

Previously in Prologue...

"No more questions? Well then, I'll..." Before the mysterious person could finish his sentences, Quake finally found his question.

"Wait! I have some questions," Quake interrupted.

"Proceed"

Quake took a deep breath before he asked, "Is there any other person here beside me? If there is any, who are they? And, what is this on my left wrist?"

"Yes, there is. They are you twins. That thing will prevent you from using your power."

"What?!" Quake tried to open the metal band on his left wrist but failed.

"It's useless even if you try to cut it off with something. You need to find a key to open it."

"A key? Wait. Please explain to me what is going on,"

"Gladly. You are in a survival game. This is the first stage. If you want to proceed to the next stage, you have to complete a mission. All stages have one different mission each. After you complete the mission, you have to defeat the boss of the stage and then you'll be teleported to the next stage. Your brothers were locked in some places in each stage. You can save them and they'll be with you until the next stage or just leave them and they'll be here forever."

"I won't leave them behind!"

"That's good. Oh! I forgot to tell you. Someone will visit you here in any minutes so you better find a place to hide or stay in the dark since you can't use your power. I don't want you to die so soon because we have just started the game and your brothers are waiting. Good luck!"

After hearing the warning, Quake quickly find a place to hide. His action halted when he heard footsteps and a creepy voice. He tried to calm down. He couldn't be panic. He looked around again and found no suitable hiding place. Besides, the room wasn't completely dark because of a dim light above him.

Then, something came in his mind. He took a long stick laying on the floor and hit the bulb. The room went completely dark. Quake slowly walked to the side as he couldn't see and slowly hit something. He touched it and noticed it was a rack. He walked behind the rack and crouched. His heart was racing when the footsteps became louder and stopped. He knew that the 'visitor' was in front of the door know.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

The door was hit hardly that it started to crack. Quake shivered madly when the door broke. There, stood a terrifying figure. The light from the outside of the room let Quake see its horrible appearance. Its eyeballs came out from the sockets, its mouth was wide opened, revealing sharp fangs. Its nails were long.

It was so ugly and scary that Quake could passed out in any seconds if he keep looking at it but he stayed conscious. He couldn't pass out now and let his brothers waiting. The figure looked around as if it was trying to search for him. Maybe it was searching for him.

After a few minutes, the figure gave up and walked away. Quake sighed in relief. He stayed in his position to calm himself while waiting for the figure to walk far from this place. After a few more minutes, Quake stood up and walked through the door. There were stairs that led up.

Quake went upstairs and opened the door in front of him. It looked like an abandoned house. The furniture went upside down and so dusty and there were spider webs everywhere. The windows were covered by planks but there were still small spaces that let the sunlight went through into the house.

Without knowing where to go, Quake wandered around the room he was in which was the living room searching for any clue about the mission that the voice had mentioned. That person didn't tell him what mission so he thought that there must be a clue about it.

Quake searched under the table, sofa, behind the book shelf, in drawers, everywhere but found nothing. Giving up, he exited the living room and reached the kitchen. Quake almost puked. The kitchen smelled like rotten meat and fresh blood. Quake wandered his gaze around the kitchen and saw an envelope on a table at the middle of the kitchen.

Approaching towards the table, he picked up the envelope. The envelope looked new and was beige in colour. 'To Quake' was written on the envelope. He tore up the envelope and took out a piece of paper from it. He found it. What was his mission was written on the paper with red ink.

'Get out of this house. Find the front door key. The key is kept somewhere in the attic.

By,

Mystery man'

Me: *whispers* Is the word 'teleported' even exist? There's red zigzag line under that word. Or maybe I spell it wrong? 

Len: *suddenly appears out of nowhere* You totally have changed the story you wrote in your notebook. And you changed the rating within 10 minutes.

Me: I know, I don't know how it happened and I don't know what I'll write in the next chapter.

Len: If I told you to copy this story many times, I'm sure it will be different.

Me: If I copy this story on papers, maybe it will be shorter. If I copy this story on computer, maybe it will be longer.

Len: It always happens to you.

Me: Hmm... Let's just say, this story is based on a story I wrote in my notebook a long time  ago.

Len: To those who read this book, we would like to thank you. :)

Me: Yup, we would like to thank you. See you next week. ^_^