Stage 3 (part 1)

Warning!: Short part, less than 1K words.

Previously in Stage 2 (part 2)...

"Solar Beam!" A huge light beam pierced the robot and the robot exploded.

Quake was dumbfounded when he saw Solar finished the robot with one attack.

"That's the boss?" Solar's voice brought Quake back to his sense.

"Yeah," He replied.

'That's easy.' Thought Solar.

Quake was not sure if the robot was the stage boss. He looked around cautiously, preparing for any ambush but his thought was wrong when the surroundings became black again.

"I can't believe it!" Quake shouted.

"Believe it, my brother," Solar said.

"How can you defeat her so easily? Is that really the boss? She's defeated with one attack,"

"Relax, brother. Why are you so panic? We should be grateful that our opponent's not strong. We don't need to use a lot of energy fighting her," Solar patted Quake's shoulder.

"Yeah, you're right,"

Now, they were in a thick forest. They saw many tall trees, green plants and colourful flowers but no birds, no insects, no other animals. There were no crickets' sound. The forest was so quiet. Only the sound of dried leaves being stepped and the sound of the wind passing by broke the silence.

"I bet Thorn's here," Solar said and Quake nodded, agreed with Solar's statement.

"Let's split up!" Solar said after they had been silent for a while.

"Split up?" Quake was not really agree with Solar's idea.

"Yeah. It will take time to search for something if we stick like this."

"But, wouldn't it be dangerous? We don't really know what's here."

"If we found any monsters or whatever, contact each other with power band so we can help each other."

Quake was still not sure of the idea but they had no choice. They couldn't waste more time. "Okay. If you find anything, contact me."

Solar nodded before he walked away. Quake looked at his brother with concern before he strode at the opposite way.

Quake wandered his gaze at his surroundings. 'Why are there no animals in this thick forest?' He thought.

He looked around in the bushes, around soaring trees, under the rocks and fallen leaves, everywhere but found nothing. He started to have negative thoughts when he couldn't find anything in the forest.

The forest was huge. To find something like a small key or envelope in an enormous place like this was almost impossible if he didn't have strong will.

The sound of water flowing caught Quake's attention. He ran towards the sound and found a river. The river was pristine. He could see rocks and colourful gems under the crystalline water but there were no fish swimming in the river. It was as if the animals were not allowed to live in the forest.

Quake decided to clean his cut. He sat on the ground and untied the handkerchief on his shoulder. Quake was amazed when his wound healed when he cleaned his wound with the river water.

The gems were stunning too. Quake looked at the shimmering gems while cleaning his cuts until he found a familiar metal piece between the grey rocks and the gems. He dipped his hand in the water and grabbed the piece.

'Awesome! Now I need to call Solar'

~oOo~

"Thorn! Anyone?! Are you here?!" Solar shouted as he looked at his surroundings.

"Help!" Solar turned his head as he heard a voice. He quickly ran to the voice and found one of his brothers tied up with vines to a massive tree. The tree was surrounded by weird plants. They had black and dark red flowers and very sharp thorn.

"Thorn!" Solar tried to get close to his brother by avoiding making contact with thorns.

"No! Don't come here, Solar! The plant was poisonous." Solar took a step back. "All plants here are poisonous. Many animals died after they ate the plants here."

"But I don't see their bodies anywhere. Even if they're eaten by carnivores, I should have seen their bones and bloods." Solar was taken aback by Thorn's words. He and Quake had not found any sign of animals.

"They're eaten by a gargantuan monster."

Me: I don't know Solar's personality. Should I make him a sociopath or should I kill him? Or should I make him emotionless?

Aria: None of them. Maybe you should make him a caring brother.

Ray: Or kill him.

Aria: Ray!

Me: Okay!

Aria: What?! You agree with him?

Me: I'm the writer, so I can write anything. This is the last draft to be published. I don't know when I'll be updating the next part.