Stage 4 (part 5)

Previously in Stage 4 (part 4)...

"We are on the fourth floor. It's already written on the wall at staircase." Quake said.

"So, what are we gonna do first? Get the key or find the library first?" Blaze asked as he tried to get up with Thorn's help.

"Let's find the library first. We don't know when will we encounter that thing again." Quake said before he lead his twins.

...................................................................

Solar was too scared to open his eyes. He could feel vibration and his body being moved but he still shut his eyes. He didn't want to see anything. He could feel something cold touched his hand. This made his heart racing.

"Solar! Are you okay?" A familiar yet soft voice rang in his ears. He opened his eyes and he was shocked to see a familiar figure in front of him.

"Ice?!" Ice quickly shut Solar's mouth with his pointy finger because Solar raised his voice.

Ice tore his long jacket and wrap it around Solar's wound to stop the bleeding. Solar looked around him. The place was narrow and it was illuminated by torches. It was like a secret path.

"What happened?" Solar asked after Ice had done with his wound. He still felt dizzy but not as bad as before.

"I saw you sat by the racks and I pushed that button so the wall would turn." Ice helped Solar to stand up.

"What is this place?" Solar asked.

"I don't know but I can't get out of here." Solar kept silence because he knew Ice hadn't finished yet. "Well, we can get out if those monsters weren't waiting for us outside." Ice continued, pointing at the rack behind Solar.

There were muffle sounds of howling beyond the wall. Solar peeked through a hole on the wall and saw the monsters.

"Is there any way out?" Solar asked, still peeking through the hole. The monsters were still there, resisted to go away.

"There is but I can't figure out the answer." Ice replied while yawning. He started to feel sleepy.

"Hey! We have no time to sleep."

"Sorry. Thinking makes me sleepy."

Solar stared at Ice for a second before he spoke. "What answer you were talking about?"

Without answering the question, Ice took Solar to a dead end. On the wall, there was a puzzle. "So, this is what you're talking about." Solar said as he examined the wall.

There were numbers written on the wall. The numbers formed equations and they didn't make any sense. However, there was one incomplete equation and Solar bet he had to find the correct answer so the equation would be completed.

Solar looked carefully at the equation and he glared at Ice. "You're just lazy to figure out the answer, aren't you?"

"There are too many numbers." Ice yawned.

"It's not that hard. Look at the pattern."

5 + 2 = 1037
4 + 3 = 1217
8 + 4 = 32412
7 + 5 = 35212
20 + 6 =

"1038 means 5 times 2, 5 minus 2 and 5 plus 2. You got it?" Solar explained while Ice were sleeping.

"Hey! You didn't hear me?!" Solar regretted for raising his voice. Now he felt more dizzy.

"The answer is 1201426. Yeah, I hear ya." Ice slowly opened his eyes and he saw Solar leaning against the wall.

Out of the blue, the wall moved to the side revealing a single path which was illuminated by torches. Ice approached Solar.

"Are you okay?" Ice asked.

Solar nodded. "I just feel dizzy a little bit."

Ice was worried about Solar. He put Solar's arm on his shoulder. "Let's go!"

They kept walking and completing the puzzles. They didn't want to get out from the secret path they found because they didn't want to risk their life. Solar was injured and Ice couldn't use his power. They noticed there weren't any creatures there. There were just puzzles and riddles that block their way.

Now they were stuck at a dead end with endless puzzles and riddles. They had completed the puzzles and solve the riddles but new puzzles just came out again and again.

"When will this end?!" Solar shouted in frustration. Ice was sleeping as he was tired of thinking too much.

"Until I'm tired playing with you." A female's voice was heard.

"Who are you?!" Solar asked.

"I'm the one who created this game."

"Come out so I can beat you!"

"I won't." She said playfully.

"Get us out of here!"

"Okay! One last riddle. If you answered it correctly, I'll let you go. If you answered wrong, you'll have to complete 50 puzzles. Agree?"

"50?! Are you insane?!"

The girl chuckled.

"Fine! What's the riddle?"

The riddle was carved on the wall.

A thief enters a shop and threatens the clerk, forcing him to open the safe. The clerk says, "The code for the safe is different everyday, and if you hurt me you'll never get the code." However, the thief manages to guess the code on his own.

How did he do it?

"You have 15 seconds and 1 attempt. Your time starts now."

.....................................................................

Hmm... less than 1000 words. Well, nevermind. I don't want to give the answer now. You, readers have to guess it first before I update the next part. If no one answer, I still won't reveal the answer until someone did. >:)

I think it's not really hard. I'd asked my siblings but they told me they didn't know without trying to think the answer. 😡

I rarely give you warning, don't I? I'll tell you once the warning and you won't see any warning in the next part.

There will be character 'death', OOC character because I don't know Solar's personality and others might be OOC too and there are my OC as antagonist.

Why I don't use the antagonists in BBB or BBBG? It's because I want to keep them for the next game. I have other plan so I use my OC first as antagonist.

Wow! O-O This is a long author note. See you guys in the next chapter and thanks for reading and voting. ^_^