Stage 3 (part 2)

Previously in Stage 3 (part 1)...

"No! Don't come here, Solar! The plant was poisonous." Solar took a step back. "All plants here are poisonous. Many animals died after they ate the plants here."

"But I don't see their bodies anywhere. Even if they're eaten by carnivores, I should have seen their bones and bloods." Solar was taken aback by Thorn's words. He and Quake had not found any sign of animals.

"They're eaten by a gargantuan monster."

"It didn't hurt you?" Solar asked with concern in his voice.

"No. It's blind."

"I see. I'll call Quake." Solar pushed the button on his watch to call Quake but nothing happened.

Seeing confusion on Solar's face, Thorn asked, "What's wrong?"

"It's not working!" Solar tried to contact Quake again and again but it was no avail.

"Maybe your watch has broken?"

"It can't be. I - " Before Solar could finish his sentence, the ground beneath him shook.

"What's happening?" Solar asked as he took a few steps back when he saw the ground beneath him cracked.

Thorn stared at Solar, telling hin to stay quiet. Solar quickly hid behind a huge tree and looked at the creature coming out from underground. It was really huge. Its eyelids were sewn together and his back was torn, revealing blood coated bones.

It turned his head to the left and to the right, trying to find any prey by hearing the noises. Only the sound of the wind and dried leaves it stepped was heard. It walked, using its ear to hear any sound of it's prey.

After the monster was far enough, Solar tried to summon his blade but couldn't. He tried again and again but nothing happened.

'No way. After the bracelet was unlocked, I should have been able to use my power. I can't even contact Quake. What's happening?' Solar took a look to see if the creature was still there or not. When he didn't see anything, he approached Thorn.

Solar looked for an opening for him to approach Thorn and help him but the sharp thorns were everywhere.

"What should we do? My body hurts. These vines are tight." Thorn said.

After thinking for a coule of seconds, Solar began to speak, "I'll search for Quake first, okay? I'll be right back." Solar turned back and ran.

"Be hurry, Solar! I'm scared!" Thorn shouted and received a nod from Solar.

Quake was wandering in the forest after a few faild attempts contacting Solar. He was so worried about his twin and felt regret for agreeing to split up.

As he was wandering, he encountered the monster. Without a second thought, Quake summoned his earth golem and fight the monster.

The sound of a growl reached Solar's ears. He quickly sprinted towards the sound.

"Quake!" Solar called as he saw Quake fighting the monster.

"Solar! Thank goodness you're safe." Quake was still stuggling with the monster. "Help me!"

"How can you use your power? Solar said, running towards Quake.

"What are you talking about?" Quake used earth grip to immobile the monster.

The earth golem launched a punch but the monster blocked it. It gripped the golem's fist tightly.

"I tried to use my power but I can't."