Chapter 9: I Just Received Your Messages

(Jihae)

(Haylee's pov)

I sat the guitar down on the couch and rolled the sleeves of my shirt up. "Maybe I was better off-" I stopped speaking and got up to walk over to the window.

"Haylee, are you going to be okay alone?" Seven's voice spoke. I looked over to see him with a look of worry. I only replied with a nod and he left.

As I watched him leave the house my phone that had been silent, making me forget I had it, began to ring. I groaned and pulled the phone from my back pocket to see a boy with brown hair and blue eyes being hugged by a blond haired blue eyed girl. Under it was the name, Liam.  I answered, "hello Liam, what's up?"

"Haylee!" A female voice shouted. "The wizard council is pissed at you!"

I sighed, "that is so not new." I mumbled and sat by the couch on the floor.

"Anyway," a male voice said. "Kelsey meant to say that we miss you and we hope you come back soon."

"I got stabbed by an old friend so there's a slight set back." I explained to Liam.

"Even with the healing spells and your fast healing abilities?" Liam asked, shocked.

I nodded even though they couldn't see me.  "Someone saw it so I have to act human." I explained nd played with the chain around my neck.

"Kage is so stupid." Kelsey muttered and the noise of something being kicked in the background followed by an "ow" filled the silence between all of us.

"Anyway, did you find the location?" I asked.

"Yep, it's not far from where R left our lives." Liam said.

I sighed. "Great." I mumbled.

"Sorry I know she's a touchy topic." Liam said and then laughed slightly. "Hey do you remember that song about messages?"

"Kinda." I replied.

"Sing it once in awhile to remember why we made that choice." He said.

"How's Alice?" I asked, softly.

"She's better. " He said and hung up

I sighed and looked at my phone, "rude ass mother fucker". I muttered and slid the phone back into my pocket. "Sing that stupid song, I'd rather not." I added, softly.

(Seven's Pov)

I ran to Banjul to meet Yoosung along with Red and Tei. Yoosung called saying he had something important to tell me and to leave the house and come here alone. It honestly made no sense why.

I walked into the doors, hearing the bell above chime, and walked straight over to the three boys sitting at a table. I glared at Yoosung, who in return gave me a sorry smile.  "This better be fast. Vanderwood isn't there, so Haylee is alone and I'm not sure how well that Kage bastard is at tracking."

"She knew her attacker?" Yoosung asked.

The redheaded boy looked at the burnet beside him, making a shocked sound. "Tei..." He whispered.

"She has nightmares about that guy. I had her keep Red overnight so Lance and him won't fight over the stupidest things and he woke up to her screaming for a boy named Kage to stop, as well as a couple." While the burnet named Tei talked, the redheaded boy named red nodded.

I took a deep breath, "she said he had done a lot to her." I said and looked at Yoosung, who said nothing, looking at his hands.

"I think that's why she works as some special type of private investigator." Tei began, " to forgot the bad parts of her life and fix the bad parts in other's lives." Tei said.