Chapter 12: Files

(Saeran, Rika, and Seven.)

( Haylee's Pov)

"I don't know what to do!" I said, walking from my kitchen to the living room to Tei and Lance sitting on my couch.

"How long do you think it will take?" Lance asked.

"I am going to say a year." I said and leaned against the wall closest to the front door. "You guys do realize it's five in the morning."

Tei had called me about an hour ago saying that it was important that Lance and him spoke with me as soon as possible. If I had known that it was going to be about (y/n nameless)  I would have not picked up the phone.

"Sorry about that." Tei apologized, while Lance rolled his eyes at what I had said.

"Do not roll your eyes at me you silver haired jerk!" I mumbled, extremely annoyed.

"How dare you-" Tei cut Lance off.

"Can we not right now?"

"Sorry," we both mumbled our apologies.

"I'm sure a year will be fine, Haylee." Tei went on to say, "as long as you return her home I'll be happy. All of us, dolls, thank you. Yes, even Lance."

I smiled, "it's apart of the job."

"For that we're glad." Tei said as he and Lance left.  

Once they were gone I went back to bed.

-Time skip five hours later-

At ten in the morning, I woke up to start the day. I went straight to the calendar to see the date, July 19th, 2018. One whole year and she'll officially be away the bullshit Kage dragged her into. I jumped into my desk chair and began looking at the files I had laying on the desk.

Soon I leaned back in my chair. "THIS IS USELESS!" I shouted out to the empty room.

"What's useless?" A male voice asked.

I blinked turning around slowly to see Seven standing in the doorway. "Son of a bitch!" I said, falling out of my chair.

He chuckled and walked into the room over to me. I glared at him and pouted. "I'm going to take that as a compliment. Also answer my question."

"This case I'm working on." I mumbled and looked away from the boy to my desk and shut the file. On the front of it was a picture a short little blond girl with blue eyes, written under it was the name Alice Williams. My mom's fourth oldest child, I was her first.

"Missing persons? Want some help?" Seven asked.

"I can't have help, but I wish I could have it." I said.

Seven nodded. "I understand that, trust me." Seven replied and sat on the arm of the chair.

I glanced up at him and rolled my eyes. "Yeah..."

I am finally starting to realize how jester like Seven can be, and it's kind of annoying but in a cute way.

Slowly, Seven reached for a file on my desk. "Hey! I did not say you could touch those files!" I shouted and snatched the file back. Seven pouted at me as I got up from the seat.

I set the file back on the desk and pulled Seven onto the floor and away from the desk.

Seven groaned in response and pulled on my wrist and on top of him. I ended up landing on top of him. "Well?"

"I'm so not okay with this." I said and got up. "Seven, you need to go, I have a lot of work."

"Haylee, live a little." He said.

"I did for two weeks, now I'm behind on cases." I pulled him out of my apartment. "Have a good day Seven." I walked in and locked the apartment door after I shut it,

I went over to my desk and picked up the file Seven had grabbed. The front of the file was blank, confused I opened it.

When I did a gasp left my lips and the papers the were within fluttered down to the floor and landed in a circle around me.

The file was Rika's.