Be My Valentine?

((A/N Wattpad still has it's Valentines day theme at the top of the site, so it's not too late for Valentines Day One Shots! But, This is only the Adrienette one, so check out another book I created for Valentines Day One shots! Go check it out, it's up! 

Marinette walked to school, with her head down and a box of pink macarons in her hands. Today was Valentines Day. ((A/N no idea if they celebrate v-day in France, sorry)) She used to love Valentines Day. Until Adrien showed up. Kind of ironic, isn't it? Wouldn't she be looking forward to asking Adrien to be her Valentine? Not with Chloe around. For weeks, Chloe had been bragging about how Adrien would be asking her on an elaborate date. Marinette had basically given up on the idea of being his Valentine.

But Alya and Nino had other plans.

Alya POV

I clicked through my recent contacts, and called Adrien. I knew Marinette would be late. Actually my plan depended on it. I even had set Nino to slow her down. She probably was up all night from anxiety, so she might have gotten an early start. I put the phone to my ear, and heard Adrien rambling my ear off. Thankfully, I am an expert at translating jumbled speech from spending time with Marinette.

"Where is she! Alya I'm nervous what if Chloe has murdered Marinette so I can't ask her out? I'm dyyyyyying." I sighed, and shook my head.

"I'm sure she's fine. Our plan is going to work, one way or another."

I heard heaving breathing from the other end of the line.

"Oh, I see you. Don't hyperventilate before I get there." I hung up and walked over to him.

"Adrien. Just don't talk to Chloe, don't talk about Ladybug, and be prepared to catch a fainting Marinette. Got the check list?" Adrien insisted on making a check list to make sure everything was perfect. He had over-analyzed every single detail, and had already worked himself into four panic attacks. This morning.

Both our phones dinged, and a text to the 'Get Adrien a Date 2k17' group chat from Nino surfaced.

NL<How's Adrien

not ok>AC

AA<NOT OKAY

AA<DOES MARINETTE LOOK CUTE

im sure she does>AC

NL<bro she looks adorable

NL<she thinks your asking out chloe

AA<*You're

AA<But she should know better than that.

please marinette is always thinking of the worst possible think to happen>AC

NL<we're here

I proceeded to watch Adrien freak out and pace in circles in front of me.

"Adrien chill and put your phone away she's coming." I shoved the pink and white roses at him, at he stood at attention with them behind her back.

"But Alya-"

"Shhhh!"

I ran up to Marinette, and made sure she was closer to Adrien. She looked up at him, and mumbled something to him.

"Have fun on your date with Chloe." She wrestled her hand out of my grasp, and ran into the girls bathroom.

"Bro." Nino poked Adrien. "We both know you're going into that bathroom after Marinette." He nodded his head, and took off after her.

"Follow your dreams Adrien!" I screamed to him, and then turned to grab Nino's hand.

"Skip school with me?" He held a single rose out to me. I nodded, kissing his cheek.

"After I film Adrienette so we can watch it later." I let go of his hand, the kiss still leaving him in shock. I glanced back to see his hand on his cheek.

Marinette POV

I leant on the counter top, whispering quietly to myself.

"Please no akuma. Please no akuma." I would be talking to Tikki, but the girls' bathroom is a very full place before school, especially on Valentines Day. I sighed, and reached out to wipe a tear from my eyes when I heard a bunch of high pitched girly screams. Now watch the Valentines Day akuma parade commence. Yay me.

But when I looked over at the door, I saw Adrien Agreste. In the girls bathroom. If I wasn't so sad, I'd probably be screaming too. He had a bouquet of flowers in his hand, and was waLKING TOWARDS ME! No, Chloe was probably behind me or something. Then I felt a hand under my chin, and saw Adrien's face, really close to mine. I heard a noise, and I could've sworn it sounded like Alya's phone recorder, but I was probably just imagining it.

I turned my eyes up to meet Adrien's stunning green ones, and sucked in a breath. I'd never been this close to Adrien before. His other hand was on my cheek, wiping away my tears with a thumb.

"Marinette. I don't want to go on a date with Chloe." More recording beeps. "I want to go on a date with you. You are a ray of sunshine, a bright smile that will support me in whatever I do." He took a deep breath, and presented me with flowers. Pink and white roses. Adorable.

"Marinette, will you be my Valentine?" I heard a bunch of awws, and remembered that we were in the girls bathroom. Sooo romantic. Not.

I must have been silent for a while, because I heard some soft chanting.

"Say yes! Say yes! Say yes!" And then there's Alya.

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng! Say yes or die!" I chuckled softly, and turned back to Adrien.

"Well I guess I can't say no to that." I grabbed Adrien in a tight hug. Then I heard sobbing.

"Adrien, are you crying?"

"I don't cry, I'm a model." He said with a choked up voice. I pulled away for a second.

"Adrien. You're sobbing. There's a water stain on my shoulder." His eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh Marinette I'm so sorry!" He pulled off his blazer, and handed it to me. "White on white is hard to pull off, but I think you can do it. Wear this." And before I knew it, I was wearing Adrien Agreste's blazer. Dream come true! I took his hand, in a moment of boldness. I stood on tip-toe, and kissed his cheek, his breath on my lips.

"We're going to be late. Let's go, Valentine."

Adrien was thrilled. His back up plan was to sit at home, binge watch anime, and eat wayyy to much vegan ice cream. (Model Diet) But thankfully, he would be spending the evening eating fancy food, holding Marinette's hands on the table, and gazing into her ever-blue eyes. Project Valentines Day is complete.