One Shot??

A/N- wOw okay I've let this account go dormant and I decided to check up on it and over 14 thousand views what? I'm not really back I'm just bored and I was curious to see if I could still write a thing or two. This one is set sometime during season one. This is unedited, but enjoy!

Her hair sparkled in the moonlight, but Adrien was too nervous to look; and if he did he would be too nervous to tell her. He let the night air swirl around him, envelop him with chills that came from nowhere and everywhere all at once. It was almost midnight in Paris, but the two heroes didn't notice nor care; as summer was in the air and the clear sky was transcendental. Adrien tried to push away his thoughts but couldn't. Little did he know that his red and black counterpart's thoughts were far from blissful as well. Even though the two had fought on the same side for a few months, lately it seemed as though the pair had always been fighting. Ladybug was less gentle, less Marinette, while the stress of being Adrien Agreste was reflected in Chat Noir's new tough mannerisms. Press conferences were silent if had at all, and even Hawkmoth had observed the two drifting apart on the battlefield. The Parisians found it almost impossible to support their heroes, as the two could barely support each other. The connection was gone. 

"Ladybug;" Adrien could no longer bring himself to love the woman he once used to fangirl over, but as she turned to him he saw a little of the girl that he used to know. After starting a timid sentence, he had no idea how to complete it. This was the most the two had spoken in days. Gone were the late-night calls, and Adrien can't lie; he missed it.

Marinette's disinterest was often seen by her classmates during the school day, but none knew how to combat her weariness. She tried to speak to her once best friend, but her thoughts caught in her throat. Chat looked at her as he would look at a beautiful stranger on the subway; a lust without feeling, nor the desire to see her again. She doesn't lust for him, but the bond that they once had. She craves to put her head in the crook of his neck, and watch the time crawl by. 

Little did she know he was feeling the same thing, the lust for a stranger. A lust to know, a lust to be known. His eyebrows knit together, an old behavior of his that would have instantly alerted the old Ladybug to his sorrows. But now she was too tired to even to turned her head. Adrien didn't know why, but he felt nostalgia for the laughter and chatter that used to carry them to the mornings, but those times had passed many weeks ago. He wondered, and he felt the emotional well burst inside him; his yearning for an answer washing over him. 

"Why do we do this anymore?" He got a raised eyebrow and a glance from his companion. "All of this. The fighting, the faking. Why don't we let Hawkmoth win, and all of this go to shit?"

Ladybug looked taken aback by his words, which in fairness is what most would do after seeing a man in a cat suit go from uninterested to angry in seconds. She says nothing. 

"Wow, okay. Great. I'm going to go home. Goodbye my lady." He used the once fond nickname with a sort of coldness, one that did not wear well on the effervescent Adrien. She was dumbfounded, but frozen to the cold concrete of the skyscraper. He kissed her cheek goodbye, and Ladybug knew that she would never see him ever again. 

Marinette dragged herself home, and dropped to her balcony in a dreamlike state; but her reality was nightmarish. She would never see her partner again, but the image she held of him had changed many times in the months she had known him. When they had met, he had been all in, all in for her. As the weeks passed she could feel a change in herself, and he changed too. He had always molded to fit her every desire, her every need to the t. Now she thinks of the times she appeased him, but every thought continued to draw a blank. She watched the Marinette she knew transform into someone unrecognizable as she looked in the mirror. The suit hadn't changed, nor the body underneath it. But somewhere in her mind, Marinette had changed. Somewhere else told her that she didn't try to stop it.