•⎡Chapter Twenty-Six⎦•

It was as if everything was in slow motion.

Yoosung walking into the room with teary eyes was in slow motion.

Him hugging you, and whispering what had happened....it was in slow motion, as if your brain couldn't comprehend it.

No, that's not it.

You brain didn't want to comprehend it.

Yet it was the reality before you.

A motorcycle accident.

Breaks cut.

Even if you had just met him, it felt like you knew Zen for a lifetime. He called you more than anyone else and was always flirty.

And now he was in the hospital on the verge of life and death.

"[Y/N]!" Yoosung held you by the shoulders, and quite literally shook you out of your thoughts. His voice was worried and rather hysterical. "The police are doing a murder investigation after we go visit him, and they're going to ask us some questions."

You didn't understand. It was Yoosung's fault, wasn't it?

"[Y/N]..." he whispered, "I know you won't believe me but...I seriously didn't do this to Zen.." His voice grew louder, "I-I just wanted to brawl with him, like a duel for your love or whatever...but...now he's..."

You didn't reply.

He helped you up, and you just now noticed he took the cuffs off your ankles.

"Take a shower and clear your thoughts..." he said, "I'll wait."

You locked the door behind you in the bathroom and stripped down. You stepped into the shower with the water already on, and just sat as the [Hot/Warm] water hit you and rolled down your back.

You didn't feel like standing.

He was gone, a friend. All his flirty jokes and his dramas. All his fans, and all of his narcissism. The thought of all of it filled you with a sinking dread.

For the third time since you've been here, you cried. You cried hard.

You just couldn't stop the sinking sadness filling your system as your tears flowed down you face, washed away by the water.

This was [not the first time/the first time] you'd lost someone close to you, and this [familiar/new] feeling of dread and sadness didn't feel good at all.

You got out of the shower and got ready. You didn't have the drive to do anything right now. You wanted to see Zen, at least one more time.

But was it possible it wasn't Yoosung? Or was he tricking you once more?

The way he said it wasn't him just seemed...so sincere.

Before you entered the living room area, you could hear Yoosung sobbing. You'd never seen him cry before. It was like he couldn't control it as he sobbed and wiped his face. No matter how much he wiped it, the tears returned.

Even if the two had their differences, they were still friends.

You entered the room, and he wiped his face quickly and stood up.

Maybe he didn't want you to see him like this.

You wrapped your arms around him. He was a person, just like you. He had feelings.

Once you hugged, he sobbed harder than before and collapsed into your arms. You hugged him tighter, and you eventually started to cry as well.

"If I had known..." he gasped for air, "I wouldn't have told you to text him... it's all my fault."

You cried into his shoulder. He was being vulnerable. He was really breaking down. There's no way he could fake this display of emotion.

"He was my friend for as long as I've been in the RFA..." he said, and looked up at you with his eyes red and puffy.

He was shaking.

You felt sympathetic for him. He was so sad

You weren't sure why you did what you did next. Maybe it was the moment, maybe it was your sympathy...

You kissed him.

As soon as your lips touched he froze in surprise, and just stood still, as if immobile in shock.

You pulled away and he looked at you surprise, "Y-You...wha..?" He was bright red.

"Sorry, Yoosung...but look. You stopped shaking." You just barely finished the sentence before chuckling, and Yoosung started laughing too; his tears now created by his laughter.

"L-let's go visit Zen now..." he said, still tomato red. He grabbed both of your hands. "W-Will you hold his hand for me?" He asked.

"Of course." You smiled at him.

Deep down you were still sad. That wouldn't go away so quickly.

But you had hope that Zen would wake up.

And deep down you had hope that Yoosung could change, too.

After all, you've already seen that he's human. He bleeds, he cries, he blushes, he stutters, and you suppose that he loves, too.

He loves you.