Joey X Reader (Yu-Gi-Oh)

A/N: Mentions of depression. Proceed with caution.
----------------------

His hands are what ground you at times like these.

Times where you find your mind wondering; times where you find yourself falling. His hands are what bring you back.

"Hey" His voice is gentle, it's cautious. His hand grips your hip as he pulls you closer. You don't look in his eyes, you're far too tired to even try and you know that if you do, you'll crumble. "(Name)"

"Yea?" You say as you sit still, allow him to do whatever he wants. You can feel the uneasiness coming off of him in waves. You don't blame him, you don't think he's ever seen you like this. Broken, vulnerable, weak. And from what? He just doesn't understand, he doesn't know what to do.  Though you truly do appreciate him trying to make you feel better. 

"Are ya alright babe?" He asks and you nod your head, you decide to place your head on his shoulder to try and comfort him in a way. His hand that had been on your waist trails up to your hair and he threads his fingers through your locks as he places his other hand on your own. 

"I'm just- I don't know. I just feel tired and I don't understand it. I mean I know I'm good at certain things and I have my own talents but I feel like I'm just useless all the time and I'm just tired of doing this. It's like routine to hate myself" You sighed heavily as you finally decided to look at him, "I'm just tired" He looked so sad, like a kicked puppy and you instantly regretted it. You wondered if you could cover it up with a laugh- or something.

"I'm sorry (Name)... I don't know what to say..." He pursed his lips as his grip on your hand tightened. "But I'll listen. I'm great at listening" He offers with a small smile and you send him a small, thankful smile. 

"Thank you," You said as you turned your head and closed your eyes as you focused on the feeling of his hands threading through your hair. He pressed a kiss against your temple before leaning his head on your own.

"Don't mention it babe."