WINDOW TALKS

Raegan's POV

I don't have a lot of friends. I have 2 friends, and I guess the neighbors too. But people think I'm mean, and undeserving, they judge me by my cover. I liked Justin, and he was the only thing on my mind. 24/7.

I walked over to my window and opened my curtains. His window was open, and he was laying on his bed. I just looked at him, watching him reading peacefully. "I know you're watching me." My eyes widened as he shut his book and opened his window more and sat on the windowsill.

I went and sat down on mine. "What's wrong?" He asked me, and I don't understand how he saw straight through the wall I built.

Justin's POV

I was reading on my bed, but out of the corner of my eye I could see Raegan looking at me. "I know you're watching me." I said as I closed my book and went to open my window a little more to sit on the windowsill. He sat down as well. I could see sadness in those beautiful brown eyes of his. "What's wrong?" I asked. He looked at me confused.

"How did you even know something was wrong? This wall I've built usually keeps people out." He said and I giggled. He smiled, and laughed too. "You're a little like Damon, when he's sad, you can see it in his eyes, if you care enough to look." I said. "You cared enough to look?" He asked me. And then I was speechless, so I simply replied, "Of course. Those brown eyes show all your emotion, that wall stands no chance to someone who will look."

Raegan's POV

Nobody's ever cared enough to look. Kale has asked me if I was alright, but could never tell I was lying. "No one has ever cared enough to look." I said, dropping my head. And then it was his turn to be shocked. "I doubt it. With a smile like that, how could they not?" He said, dropping his head to hide his pink cheeks.

"You're not a public school student, are ya?" I asked. "Definitely not." He said, chuckling. "Online school is easier for me." He said. "Me either. You'll have to come to my house so we can do school together sometime." I said. "Okay." He walked out of view, and I was confused. Suddenly he reappeared with his laptop and backpack in hand. My jaw dropped. He handed me his laptop, and I grabbed his hand, helping him over. Sparks flew. We were standing in my room. Kind of awkward. "Well. Are we doing school or waiting for the grass to grow?" He said. He was different. He didn't look at me as a mean, undeserving person. He saw me as Raegan. Raegan Alexander. And man did that feel good.

(478 Words.)