Chapter 5- The Secret

We're getting ready to go to Diagon Alley to buy our stuff for Hogwarts, and I'm really excited.

But something's been bothering me.

Dad sees the look on my face and frowns, his smile still there.
'Anything wrong, Kasey?'
I decide to tell him.

'Dad, how can we go to Hogwarts! We're not even enrolled and.. Tom and I can't do magic! How will this work!'
Dad's smile fades away. 'Ah, that was something I meant to tell both of you later.'
'What?' I press, worried.
'Alright, you both have magical blood in you,' he says, biting his lip.
My jaw drops.

'And that was one part of what my special call was about. It was from my old friend, Minerva McGongagall.'
My jaw drops even wider.

'How do you know her!' Tom exclaims.
The Time Lord sighs, looking tired.
'Let me explain. Minerva and I are old friends from Gallifrey. She's a Time Lady. But she got a call from a certain Albus Dumbledore, when she was 111, that she was a witch. She told me about it, and I stole a TARDIS so she could leave. We couldn't keep in contact though, and I never talked to her again until the phone call. She said that you two had been accepted to Hogwarts, just like she had. She also needed you to help someone. Never said who that person was, but she said that you'll know in time. Always like Minerva, all mysterious.'
He finally stopped, and I breathed slowly.

'I need to sit down,' I murmured, and Dad guided me to the couch while Tom just flopped into a seat.
'So..' I said. 'We're not spies at Hogwarts, we're a wizard and a witch?'
'Yep!' said Dad brightly.
'My life is a lie!' I say loudly, and Dad just laughs.

Then a smile crept up my cheeks. I was a witch.
This day looked like it was going to be great.