Chapter 11: Platform 9 and 3/4

The TARDIS is still, abnormally still and silent when Dad parks it, as if it knows it won't be seeing Tom and I for a year.
Dad senses the feeling and pats the TARDIS.

'They'll be back soon, old girl,' he whispers, and we walk out of the TARDIS doors to a crowded train station.
We start walking to where we need to go, the wall between Platform 9 and 10.

As we walk, I see the Weasely family again, and I don't know how I didn't recognise them when I saw them for the first time.
We walk next to the family, and the woman smiles as she recognises me.

'Oh, how lovely to see you again dearie!'
'Where are you going?' I ask innocently, and see them redden.
'Well...um..'
I cut into the middle of their sentence.
'Because I'm going to Hogwarts,' I whisper conspicuously, 'and I think you are too.'
The panic on their faces vanish, and Mrs Weasely chuckled.
'Oh dear me, sweetheart, you had us worried there!' She laughs, and I grin.
'You thought I was a Muggle when I saw you before, didn't you?' I say. 'I heard your conversation,' I add. 'And I am highly insulted by being thought to be an annoying Muggle,' I say, in what Dad knows as my 'joking voice'.

But the Weasely's didn't, and they looked alarmed.
'Look,' said Fred, 'we're,' said George, 'sorry,' they said together, and I just laughed.
The twins looked confused for a moment, but only for a moment.
'Oh god, she got us, didn't she?' Said George, laughing.
'I told you I was told at pranking,' I said, grinning.
Even Mrs Weasely laughed.

'What year level are you in?' She asked after a moment.
'I'm starting this year.' I replied.
'Oh, then that's the same year level as my son, Ron!'
As she mentioned Ron I bit my lip, one of the famous Golden Trio, I mean Quartet.

'This is Ronniekins,' Fred said, pushing a boy forward, and for once I didn't laugh at the comedy.
He smiled at me, beet red.  'Hi....I'm Ron by the way, not Ronniekins,' he said, glaring at his brothers.
'Whatever you say, Ronniekins,' said George, and I smiled a little.
'Anyway, are you here with anyone?' Asked Mrs Weasely, speaking gently.

'Oh,' I said, pushing Dad forward.  'This is my father, John Who.'
'You forgot about me,' said a voice from behind me, and I groaned.
'You must be insane...I've never met you before!' I said, turning to face a grinning Tom.  'What's your name?'
Dad laughed.
'This is Tom, Kasey's twin brother,' he said, and I sighed.
'Just when I thought I was going to escape him at school, and you ruin it.  Well done Dad!'
He only smiles at me infuriatingly, and I stifle the urge to poke my tongue out at him.
'This is Tom...,' I groan, 'my..twin as Dad pointed out.'

We all stop walking as we see the wall between Platform 9 and 10, and Mrs Weasely smiles at us.
'Is your father a wizard?'
'Oh no,' I quickly say, 'Professor...who was it...McGongagall came to our house and told us about the platform. You go through the wall, isn't that right?' I ask, trying to keep my cover.

Mrs Weasely smiles.
'Good job, that's right,' she says. 'We'll pair up now, to go through the wall,' she says.
Soon everyone is paired up...except for Tom and I.
'I'm not going with her!'
'I refuse to believe he even exists!'
Dad sighs and glances over at Mrs Weasely like, 'this is what I go through..everyday.'

'Well then, you can go last, so you can...decide what you're going to do,' Mrs Weasely says, amused. 'Now, Fred and George, you're first.'
The boys glance at me, grinning, and run to the wall.

As soon as I'm convinced that they'll crash into the wall, even having read the Harry Potter books, they vanish.
I try to look surprised, since I see Mrs Weasely looking at me.
'Wow,' I say, pretending to be speechless.
I need an Oscar for that.

'Ok,' says Mrs Weasely. 'Next are Percy and Ron.'
The two boys are just about to go when a voice calls out, 'excuse me.'
Oh my god. I forgot. Harry Potter meets the Weaselys at the platform. And probably that other girl too. Lily Potter.
At least I didn't need to pretend I didn't know all about her.
I slowly turn around, to see two people.
Harry Potter, and the other, I assume, is Lily Potter.
I can't believe it. I'm meeting the famous Potter twins.
Speaking is not what I can do right now.

'We don't know how to get through the platform,' says Lily nervously, and Mrs Weasely smiles at the two.
'That's alright dearies, do you want to go through with us? I suppose we'll have to mix the groups up a bit..but..'
'I'm going with her,' I say, just as Tom says, 'I'm going with him.'
Mrs Weasely chuckles.
'Well, that seems fine then.'
She turns to the two.
'Are you in first year?'
They both nod, and Mrs Weasely smiles.

'I've got a son in your year, and of course Kasey and Tom are in your year too.'
'Of course,' I echo her, and a slight smile forms on Lily's cheeks.
Mrs Weasely checks her watch.
'My gosh...look at the time! Percy, Ron, go, quick!'
The two instantly run to the wall, and vanish.

'Now Tom, and you two dearie,' she says to Harry.
Tom and Harry grin at each other and run to the wall together, where they vanish.
'Now Kasey, you, (pointing to Lily) and...would you like to go with them too, John?' She asks Dad, and he nods.
'Alright then,' Dad says to Lily and I, 'we'll go now, then, shall we?'
He takes mine and Lily's hands, then runs off with us torward the wall.
I brace myself, close my eyes, then open them again.
We're on Platform 9 and 3/4.