Chapter 21- Quidditch Training

Lily's POV
'I can't wait!' I say at dinner, not able to eat. 

Today we're having training with Oliver Wood for Quidditch!  This is going to be awesome!

I can tell that the others are excited as well.  Harry is jiggling around in his seat, Kasey is talking about Quidditch to anyone who will listen and Tom is just staring into space, a huge grin on his face.

Suddenly four owls come through the windows and I stare at them; no owls usually come at dinner! 
The owls come to us, each sporting a large package and a envelope.

I'm about to open the package, but Kasey stops me.

'Best things till last, right?' She says, and so we open our letters.

Dear Miss Potter,
Do not open the package at the table. It contains your new Nimbus 2000 and I do not want the other first years to get jealous.
Remember that your training will begin after dinner.
Kind regards,
Professor McGongagall.
The four of us silently swap letters and we see that they are almost identical.

Kasey grins.
'Now I definitely cannot wait!' She says, and we all echo her.

Dinner finishes almost instantaneously and the four of us almost run out of the Great Hall to the Quidditch field.

When we get there, we see Oliver Wood with a box in front of him, and we all gather around him.

'Hello guys,' he says.  'Now, Professor McGongagall says that you two,' pointing to Kasey and Tom, 'know the theory of Quidditch but never played it, and you two,' pointing to Harry and I, 'don't know the theory and have never played it.'

We all nod to confirm his statement.

'Ok then, so I'll explain this for Harry and Lily's benefit then,' he says, and takes a deep breath.
'Well, there are three Chasers, which are going to be Harry, Kasey and Tom. You guys use this, the Quaffle,' he says, holding up a ball around the size of my hand, 'and try to get it through one of those hoops,' pointing to the hoops high up in the sky, 'by using teamwork and pure skill.'
He pauses for a moment, looking at us, then continues.

'Then there are the Beaters. On our team we have Fred and George Weasley, who are very good. What they do is throw these two balls, the Bludgers, at the opposing team, trying to throw them off. They also block attacks from the other team's Beaters with these bats,' he says, holding up two bats.
'Then there's the Keeper. That's me, and it's my job to stop the other teams Chasers from getting the Quaffle in the hoops. And last but not least, the Seeker. Lily, that's you. And you don't need to worry about any of the balls except this one.'
He holds up a small, gold ball with golden wings.
'This is the Snitch. You catch this before the other team's Seeker, and the game stops and we win 150 points. If the other teams Chasers aren't that good and you catch the Snitch, we win.'

Training went by pretty fast, much to my disappointment.  Harry, Kasey and Tom spent training speedily throwing the Quaffle to one another and getting it through the hoops, whilst I spent training trying to catch the Snitch in record speed; my best attempt was 5 minutes and 20 seconds, which Oliver seemed to find impressive.

We walked back to the castle, (well, Kasey was skipping) and we were all very excited about the upcoming Quidditch game this Saturday.

I couldn't wait.