Chapter 26- Nicholas Flamel and Quirrell

Kasey's POV
I wake up a few hours before it's time to wake up and quickly get dressed.

End of the Christmas holidays, I think to myself glumly.  Well, at least I can try out my Christmas present!

I dress in dark colours so that people shouldn't spot me and grab my wings from the cupboard.  I've managed to convince Lily and Hermione that they're just a toy I had when I was younger, and I'm keeping it here because it's a sentimental thing.

I quickly strap my wings on my back and on my hands so that they're attached to my body and; most importantly, my hands.  I flutter my hands so that I can check if the wings work, and sure enough, I float up in the air until my head touches the ceiling.

I grin, loving this already, and put my hands down slowly, which makes me float gently down to the floor, and I climb over to the already open window, and look down at Hogwarts. 

Our dorm is high up in the castle, so the ground is far behind me.

I'm nervous, this is nothing like flying on a broom.  Brooms support you; this is just me.
I can do this, I think.
And I let my body fall forwards.

Instantly I fall through the sky quite rapidly; so quickly that I barely have time to wave my arms before I hit the ground.
Luckily I manage to do it in time, making me soar up to the sky again in a giant arc.

As I fly through the air I grin.

This is way better than flying on a broom.
'Wooo!!' I yell loudly, the realise that everyone in the castle is sound asleep.

Oops.

As I see a few lights coming on, I instantly fly to the other side of the castle, surprised at how easy it is; birds are so lucky.

I actually see a few birds as I keep flying around Hogwarts, and one of them flies beside me.  It keeps doing that, so I decide to test it.

I go to the roof of Hogwarts and sit down, and the bird follows me and turns to sit on my shoulder.
I smile at it.

'Well, hello there,' I say, but before I have a chance to say anything else, my watch beeps.  Loudly.
'Shoot,' I say angrily, it's 6:50 already!  I need to get back to my dorm before the girls start waking up.

So I fly over to my dorm window and climb in, with the bird following me the whole way back.  As I climb into my dorm and begin to shut the window, the bird tweets at me sadly.

'I'm sorry little guy,' I say to him.  'I'll see ya again soon, is that ok?'

The bird seems to understand and tweets one last time before flying away.

I shut the window quickly and climb over to my bed, just before Lily starts to wake up.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later in the afternoon, after classes, we go looking in the library again for any clues about Nicholas Flamel.

I've decided to tell the gang about Dumbledore's card rather than let them figure it out themselves.  Why?  Because I am getting really tired of searching in the library during all of our free time.

So anyway, as we start looking in the library again, per usual, I bring Dumbledore's Chocolate Frog card out of my pocket and show it to everyone.

'Look at this!' I say, trying to sound excited. 'Professor Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the Dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon blood and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicholas Flamel!'