Chapter 27- Exams and Norbert Again

Lily's POV
Now that we'd found out about Quirrell and his evil plans with Voldemort, we had already planned to follow him into the trapdoor on Saturday.  But for now, there were exams to complete.
We did our written papers in a large, very hot classroom. When we did each of our written exams we got given a special quill called an Anti Cheating Quill.
The practicals were much more fun.  In the Charms practical, we had to make a pineapple dance across a desk; I'd been revising that one for weeks so I did it with ease.

In Transfiguration, we had to turn a mouse into a snuffbox; again, I'd been revising that one for weeks as well.

In Potions, as the class came in, Snape was trying to look terrifying and make us nervous.  I didn't care about that as I ran to him and hugged him in front of the whole class; he had helped us so much and was so nice to me, even if he wasn't nice to other people.  'Thankyou,' I whispered in his ear, and his grip grew tighter. 
Well, any plans he had of being terrifying were lost at that.

Anyway, we had to make a Forgetfulness Potion there, which was rather ironic, given that many people couldn't remember how to make it.
Of course, I'd memorised how to make it, and was rather pleased when Snape whispered 'well done' into my ear.
He also said that my mother would be proud.
Apparently she was very good at Potions, and I love to think that I might take after her.

The last exam was History of Magic. Even I found it a bit dull, but after one hour of it, we were free.
At the end of the exam, we all threw their quills in the air, even Hermione, and celebrated the end of exams.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few minutes later, we were walking to Hagrid's, since he'd said that the dragon egg could be hatching soon. Hermione hadn't wanted to go at first, but Ron convinced her that this was an 'educational opportunity,' and that we should go.
I was happy at this, because who got to see a dragon hatching in person? So I followed the others down to Hagrid's hut.

When we got there, I knocked on the door.

'Hagrid!' I called. 'Are you there!'
He responded by quickly opening the door and ushering us in.

'Quick, quick, it's about to hatch..'

The egg was by the fire and already had a few cracks on it.

Everyone was intrigued by this sight except for Kasey and Tom, who were looking toward the window instead.
'Hagrid,' said Kasey, 'we should close the window, don't you think? Anyone could come here any minute and see the dragon.'
'There's not much chance o' people comin' here,' he snorted, but seeing the stern look on Kasey's face he relented.
'Alrigh' then, if ye want to...'
He got up and closed the window, then turned his attention to the egg again.

After a few minutes of us staring at the egg, it started to crack more.

We immediately went closer to the egg, straining to see what was inside, and then a baby dragon emerged.
It looked so cute!
I immediately went to pick it up, but Tom pushed my hands away. A second later, the dragon spewed fire onto where my hands were just a second before.

I turned to Tom.
'Thanks,' I said gratefully, smiling at him. 'How'd you know that it'd do that?'
'No problem Lils.' Tom said, grinning, and before I could ponder about why he'd just said Lils, he continued.
'Anyways, I read a book before that said baby dragons are always nervous around people; except the one who's been with them for the longest amount of time.'
'How do they know that?' I asked curiously, and Tom shrugged.
'One of the great mysteries of life, I guess.'
'I'm definitely going to find out more about that,' I said, but before Tom could respond, Hermione clapped her hands in front of our faces.

'Would you two stop talking? There is a baby dragon that's just hatched in front of us and you think this is the time to talk?'
Tom laughed at her teacher like tone and I restrained a laugh.
'Sorry Miss Granger!' Both of us chorused and Hermione clicked her tongue.
'For talking in such unison and disrespecting me by laughing you each get 100 points taken off Gryffindor!' She said, while we Tom and I collapsed in laughter.

This time it was Kasey to clap her hands in front of our faces.
'Seriously guys! Has it gotten to the point where I, Kasey Who, have to start being the responsible one?'
We instantly stopped laughing and Kasey grinned.
'Thankyou for that, I would not like to start being responsible, trust me.'

And then we all turned our attention back to Hagrid, who was looking at us despairingly.
'Ok ye guys, will ye pay attention o' not?'
'It's fine now Hagrid,' said Kasey in an adult like tone. 'I have it all covered.'
'Alrigh' then,' said Hagrid. 'I've decided to name 'im Norbert!'
'Norbert..' said Hermione. 'That's a great name Hagrid!'
'I know, righ'?' Asked Hagrid happily. 'It means 'fire breathing monster' in Latin.'
'Seems appropriate,' said Hermione darkly.
'But Hagrid,' said Kasey in a 'I'm right and you're wrong' tone that she often used, 'don't you think that Norbert would be...hard to hide at least? Someone's going to find out about him eventually, and you'd go to Azkaban if that happened. You wouldn't want that, would you?'

Hagrid's face fell at the mention of this Azkaban place, and he shivered.
'I forgo' about that,' he murmured, and Tom pat him on the back and whispered something into his ear that made him brighten up a little, but not a lot.

'I suppose ye should take Norbert away,' he said, sighing, and Kasey nodded in a business like way.
'Ron,' she said. 'I might've written to your brother in advance to get Norbert away as soon as possible..so he's coming to pick the dragon up today, in the Astronomy Tower just before dinner.'
'Ok, two questions,' said Ron. 'Actually, three. Which brother? How did you know about him? And when's dinner?'
We all sighed at Ron after his third question and he shrugged at us.
'What? I like to eat!'
'Ok,' said Kasey, 'I knew about your brother because you TOLD me, and it's Charlie.'
'Ahh,' he said. 'What about dinner?'
Kasey just sighed and walked out of Hagrid's hut, after grabbing Norbert, with the rest of us trailing behind her.

We all walked to the Astronomy tower to see Charlie with a cage made specially for Norbert and we handed him over happily.

Then Kasey turned to Ron.

'NOW do you know when dinner is?' She asked him, and Ron just looked confused.
Sighing, she walked out yet again, too fast for us to follow.

Tom looked at us and then at the door, then quickly went out after Kasey.

'What did I do?' Asked Ron, frowning.