Chapter Eight

I stretched out my muscles as I got out of my bed. I walked into the kitchen Of me and Carrie's apartment.

I poured myself some coffee a sipped the hot beverage.

it's been six years since I've seen Jaime. Me and Mama Precaido talk frequently. She'll come to the apartment at times and catches me up on her life and I catch her up on mine.

I missed Jaime of course. We spent nine years of our life glued to each others side. I still kept the pictures of me and Jaime in a box I kept in my closet along with some other of the things he gave me over the year. I didn't have the heart to throw any of it away.

I was bored out of my mind with nothing to do, instead of working at the pizza shop, I owned it now. I have the day off today.

I decided to just go shopping, keep my mind off of depressing matters.

I got dressed in skinny jeans and a short sleeve purple v neck T-shirt.

I drove to the nearest mall an walked around a bit.

I walked into journeys to look at new doc martins. I finally decided on a black pair. I went to the cashier and bought them. I walked down the huge hallway of the mall until I reached a hot topic.

I walked in and looked at the shirts. my heart sank a little when I saw the pierce the veil ones. Jaime's face stared back at me.

I pulled out the shirt and stared at Jaime for a second. "god I wish I could hate you," I whispered under my breath.

"are you a fan?" someone said from beside me. "no. much more of an old friend," I said without looking up. I shoved the shirt back where it was and looked at the person standing next to me.

"what's your name?" I said looking at the girl standing next to me.

"Aria," she said. "I'm Olivia," I said.

she stared at me blankly for a second like she was remembering something.

"oh yeah! we went to highschool together," she said.

"I don't remember you," I said. this girl had flaming red hair and a nose ring with hugely stretched ears.

"I had brown hair then," she said with a smile.

"I remember Jaime too," she said motioning to the picture of the band.

"yeah, don't even remind me," I said.

"I'm sorry," she said.

"I was kidding, you're fine," I said.

"well I had a couple classes with Jaime and he was a clown. always fun to be around. I'm sorry about what happened," she said.

aria. aria. I was starting to remember her. she use to have brown hair. still had stretched ears then. I had talked to her a couple times.

"do you know?" I asked confused.

"I used to be friend with Gina. she told me what happened and then she did the same thing to me actually," she said and laughed.

"she was such a slut," I laughed.

She nodded. "she moved away though. New York I think," she said.

"good riddance," I said.

Aria nodded. "well I gotta go but we should hang out sometime or something," she said. we exchanged numbers and she walked out of the store.

I walked around the store and just decided to bail.

I shoved my shoes in my car and went to go check on things at work.