Chapter Nine

"WAKE UP," Carrie screamed and jumped on me. my muscles tensed as I woke up. I pushed her off of the couch.

"you suck," I told her.

"don't be grumpy. I made us some plans tonight. were going to the bar. drinking!" she said happily.

I nodded "yeah I could go for a drink,"

"Good, were gonna leave tonight at around 9. okay?" she said. I nodded. "yeah okay," I said.

Carrie jumped up and ran into the other room. that girl will be the death of me.

When I actually got into full consciousness I looked at the time. it was around 10. since I didn't have much else to do, I ate another doughnut, took a shower, blow dried my hair, decided not to do my make up, got dressed and was out the door by 12:30.

i drove to my pizza shop and went in through the back door. Stella wasn't here, today was her day off work. so I was stuck with Louis. a black tall 16 year old boy. he was good company and always made conversation so It was okay.

As usual, I made the dough and gave it to Louis to make the pizza. Emily,one of my workers, ran the cash register.

Hours always seemed to past by so quickly when I worked here. it was something I always enjoyed.

My workers probably think I'm lame and have to life cause I spend so much time here.

Eventually it was seven and I decided to leave. When I got to my car I sat for a second in the drivers seat and just stared ahead of me. I put my hands over my face and just sighed. a raindrop hit my window shield.

Me and Jaime jumped off the yellow bus. "Jesus Christ, I'm so glad were done for today," Jaime said.

I nodded "seriously, it's hell,"

Jaime laughed as a rain drop dripped onto my cheek. I wiped it away and stopped walking. I looked up and the clouds were getting darker more raindrops dropped onto my face. "fuck, rain," Jaime sighed. he dug through his back pack and pulled out an umbrella.

Jaime opened it and held it above us. there were holes I'm some parts.

"Jaime, I think the whole purpose of an umbrella is that it keeps you dry," I said. he laughed and spun the umbrella around until the holes were on his side dripping into his shoulder, "i wouldn't want you to get all wet," and we walked to his house while I smoked a cigarette under the umbrella.

I shook my head at the flashback. Me and Jaime used to be inseparable.

Shaking off the thought I started my car and drove to the apartment. by the time I could there it was around. Carrie was sitting on the couch completely ready to go in her normal skinny jeans and doc martins but instead of her drug rug she was wearing a red guns n roses with a leather jacket.

I ran into my room and threw off my clothes.

Not that I didn't want to- that was a lie. It was that I didn't want too. but I knew if I said no Carrie would make a big deal out of it. all I wanted to do was wear Jaime's old oversized shirt that swam on me and watch reruns of Tom and Jerry like I do every night.

I finally decided on a pair of black skinny jeans and a gray tank top with an upside down cross on it. then I pinned up my hair and tried to make it look like I actually tried. I left my face natural, I never wore makeup anyway.

by the time I was finished I pulled on my black and white vans. Money. thats what I was forgetting, I shoved some money in the under part of my bra.