impressions

a sea of red and blue formed before my eyes

a sea of red and blue formed before my eyes. specks of canary yellows and sea foam greens mingled with the dominate shades. i seemed to be the only one bold enough to wear a black dress.

you could hear a pin drop as i entered. i raised my hand in a gesture of greeting which broke the girls out of their trance. they squealed as some beckoned for me to reside beside them.

"i am in love with your dress!" complimented an unknown girl in a maroon maxi dress.

"why, thank you!" i blushed as i looked down at the dress i was adorning. it was a sleek, backless, all-black gown with x straps in the back. white shiny speckles like stars adorned the gown, scattered irregularly.

"i'm candace and i can dance!" she gave a nasally cackle and slapped her knee sheathed by the maroon cloth.

"so, um w-wow." i cleared my throat. "th-that's your catchline, is it?" i tilted my head and attempted to not make any facial expressions at the embarrassing remark.

"yeah it is!" she dragged the end of the sentence and began shimming in her seat, raising her glass of alcohol in the air.

"daniel is even more breathtaking in real life." emery swooned. if another person gawks over daniel i swear i'm going to be sick. better get used to it for this whole egotistical program centers around him. my friends back from home asked me why i agreed and even auditioned in the first place for the bachelor if all i ever did was make fun of it. to be completely honest, who wouldn't? who wouldn't leave their mundane home life in order to live in a mansion and compete for a man's love on tv? it's the closest thing i'll ever get to being an actual princess.

emery's attempted conversation was cut short by piercing screams. most of the girls and ladies squealed in delight as a tall figure strode into the living room. everyone gave a standing ovation. i stood up last, smoothing out my dress. instead of applauding or shrieking, i just politely smiled. daniel's murky brown optics caught my own and he grinned back at me. it wasn't until athena offered him a glass of red wine, in which he affably denied, did he break eye contact.

"i would like to thank you all for coming. it's surreal to be in this situation and i'm forever grateful." the room fell silent as he spoke, everyone hanging onto every last syllable. "i'm looking forward to getting to know and maybe even falling in love with some of you women. all of you are very beautiful and i'm sure that there are lovely personalities accompanying those looks. i don't want to ramble too long so let the party commence!"

everyone cheered expect for moxie who just glanced around at the room baffled. savannah elbowed her in the stomach, "commence means begin." her sharp emerald green eyes widened in realization. she then pumped her well manicured fist in the air and hollered.