epilogue

"stai facendo grande, principessa," my mother complimented me as i delivered the last order of the day

"stai facendo grande, principessa," my mother complimented me as i delivered the last order of the day. i brushed my hands on my apron, beaming back up at her.

i had come straight home after i declined the rose. at first i was just planning on staying for a couple of weeks but a year later i was still here.

it was hard in the beginning, to push someone completely out of your life, but memories fade and as do feelings. i no longer viewed daniel with a sense of admiration or anger, but instead like an old friend in a distant past.

i decided against starting to date again. it wasn't because i still wasn't over dan, but rather that i simply just wanted to focus on myself. i was much happier now but my life went back into the same mundane pattern as before. i was happy, but bored.

i took a seat by the window. the sun set created rays of light that leaked into the restaurant. the dust particles were visible in the air. it was then that i received the phone call.

"is this y/n l/n?"

"yes. who is this?"

"i'm lindsey williams from abc."

"okay?"

"i'm here to speak to you about being the new bachelorette."