wires

a/n; i just realized that the last chapter created a couple of plot holes lol

a/n; i just realized that the last chapter created a couple of plot holes lol. im sorry and im going to fix them eventually.

whitney was gone. dan didn't offer her a rose and she left bora bora in tears. my only friend gone, sayonara. now i was stuck with snakes that either hated me or strongly disliked me.

as i began packing my bags for new york, our next stop, i counted the weeks that ive been in this competition; one month roughly. looking back it felt like i was here not even a week but yet every day was an eternity.

what i still didn't understand is how dan could be best friends with phil after what happened. i completely loathed isadora after she kissed me. did dan love phil and he was just lying to me about rachel? does he still love phil? i shook my head at the thought. he wouldn't be doing this competition if he wasn't looking for love, right?

***

as i entered the plane i got lucky enough to get a seat alone since there was an odd amount of us, eleven. i glanced around the room, my optics examining the features of every contestants. i couldn't believe some of the people who were still left. harper, the redhead who was bawling at the first rose ceremony, candace, the woman who had the horrible catchline, and of course victoria and chelsea. i eavesdropped on athena and emery merrily chatting away to each other in the seats behind me about some artist i didn't know of. athena caught my eye and shot me daggers. i just scoffed and turned back around.

about a quarter way through the flight yelps interrupted my thoughts and i took out my earbuds. they still did that? i turned around to see dan coming through the aisle. he stopped for a moment and scanned the room, as if he was looking for something until he met my eye. for a second he grinned at me and then shook his head like he had just lost a fight. he mumbled a few inaudible words to himself before kneeling down to the girl in the seat nearest to him and started a conversation. he went up the aisle of the plane, talking to each girl. i was in the very front of the plane so id be fortunately last. this way we could get more time to talk.

even though there was a sting of jealousy as i watched dan chat up the other girls, i mainly just ignored the feeling. as i gazed out the window of the plane my mind wandered to home again. ever since i planned to go home last rose ceremony i missed my family and friends even more.

"hey sexy." my ears perked up at the sound of satan's voice. the sting of jealousy turned into a chainsaw that was currently cutting me limb from limb.

i heard dan clear his throat before responding, "how are you both?"

"im gr-" emery chirped but athena abruptly cut her off.

"im doing just fine baby, how are you?" athena answered as i dug my nails into my palm. i allowed my self to look back and through the gap in the seats i caught a glimpse of her dragging a long, red nail down dan's chest. i immediately turned back around.