rumors

tangled legs and tangled hearts

tangled legs and tangled hearts. sun bled through the windows overlooking the sky scrapers peeking through the mist. i had been woken up by a kiss gently placed atop the tip of my nose. i grinned as he did so, him taking it as a sign i was awake.

"how'd you sleep love?" dan greeted once again, his words softly melding together in a way i could only describe as melted dark chocolate.

i opened my eyes for the first time after his question, just for the sole purpose of rolling them as a response. i then took in the sight in front of me. propped up every so slightly on his elbow was the bare figure of dan. his deep brown curly locks were disheveled, and his eyes with an impish glint were gazing into mine. a cocky grin was tugging at the corner of his rosy lips.

"it's too early," i whined as i covered my face with a silk pillow in order to shade my eyes from the pestering sun.

"well," dan began. "unless you want to be caught, i suggest that you go back to you go back to your room."

"you suck howell," i retorted as i began to slip on the cloths scattered throughout the room from last night. i was still in a daze.

"the only thing i suck is-" he started but cut himself off by laughing. "im not going to finish that sentence."

"good idea. bye daniel," i said for what it felt like the first time in ages. he laughed at my choice of wording.

"wait! you forgot something!" dan called after me just as i was about to exit the room. he speed walked towards me and managed to collide with the corner of the dresser. he collapsed on the floor in pain, gripping on his side. he yelled out a series of miscellaneous curses, half of which weren't even words.

"nice going," i chided as i watched him wallow in distress. i gently kicked him in the sides which made him cry out even more. "what did i forget?"

still lying on the ground, dan responded, "i was going to kiss you and be cute but the universe hates me."

"awww," i exclaimed as i placed a hand over my heart. "bye bitch." i spun on my heels and left.

the second i closed the door i heard dan shout from the room. "you're just going to leave me here?" i roll my eyes as i heard him wallow in agony from down the hall. however, a smile crept up on my lips.

***

"no it's just she put me in such an impossible situation," chelsea complained as she fake cried about victoria in front of the cameras. i placed a tender hand on her shoulder as a sign of comfort. the producers ordered me to console chelsea in this scene as i haven't been on camera much recently.

the producers said they came up with this stupid drama about how victoria is mad at chelsea because she's been getting more time with of daniel and trash talked her to him. although, i have a feeling that most of it wasn't made up.

i was just about to speak up and advise chelsea when candace bursted through the door. "someone had sex with daniel!" she exclaimed and the cameras immediately panned to her. my heart dropped. we've been caught. it was over. dan would probably get fined hundreds of thousands of dollars for breaking his contract and i didn't even want to know what they'd do to me.

"what?" chelsea questioned, a leftover tear cascading down her mountain of foundation. i waited to add to the conversation, making sure i didn't ruin it for both me and dan.

"he has hickies and he smells like perfume," candace explained. i put my hand over my mouth to suppress laugh. that was my fault. "come see for yourself."

i followed the two girls down the hall and into one of the girls, im assuming victorias, room. chelsea peers in through the door, not daring to step into the hq of her now nemesis. dan was perched up on one of the beds and practically sitting on his lap was the main bitch herself. the second dan saw me peek into the room he casually pushed her off. i noticed his hand was gently rested over his side, exactly where my foot hit him. i cracked a grin.

however, what was even more noticeable were the flowering red bruises flowing down towards his chest. i was suddenly grateful i choose not to wear a v neck to hide my matching ones on my chest.

"who was it?" victoria pressed, placing a hand on dans chest and smiling devilishly. i knew that she only wanted to know who gave him the love bites so she could murder them in their sleep.

"you know, hickies and perfume don't mean that he had sex," i spoke up but instantly regretted it.

"oh! look who's finally talking," victoria turned her attention on me and so did everyone else in the room. "do you know something whore? how about we smell your perfume. why don't you strip down and see if we can find anymore hick-"

"victoria that's enough!" dan yelled, his voice suddenly deep and commanding. the whole room feel quiet. i, nor have any of the other contestants have ever seen dan snap like that and judging by the expressions on the crews face neither have they.

i stare at dan with wide eyes. my breathing sped up as i dug my nails into the palm of my hand. the eyes of the other girls burned through me, their penetrating gaze stinging my skin. i stood there frozen as it was now completely obvious who the culprit was. i finally regained myself somewhat and turned on my heels and sprinted out the door. another pair of footsteps following quickly behind me.

i heard victorias announcement from down the hall as i ran, "well, i guess we know who had sex with daniel."