amore

sun shone in my eyes, causing me to awake from my slumber

sun shone in my eyes, causing me to awake from my slumber. i pulled the covers over my head as an attempt to block out the blinding rays but someone yanked the blankets away from my grasp.

what the hell?

i sat up and rubbed my eyes. a sharp pain in my head caused me to lean back against the headboard. i took in my surroundings, soon realizing that this wasn't my room. i glanced to my left and my eyes widened as i saw daniel howell sleeping soundly next to me. so i did what any normal person would do after waking up in an unknown room, i screamed.

"oh my god!" i yelled as i threw a pillow at the now awake dan. i covered my mouth as i watched him sit up.

"bloody hell!" exclaimed dan as he clutched onto the pillow i threw. he yawned lazily and stretched his arms. "how'd you sleep love?"

i brushed a stray strand of hair behind my ear and yawned as well. "i don't know. the last thing i remember is punching athena."

"so it was athena that tried to get you eliminated?" dan guessed, raising an eyebrow.

"mhm. oh god, how much did i tell you?" i said as i thought of all the secrets i could've embarrassed myself with by telling him.

dan shrugged, "not too much. don't worry, you didn't say anything too embarrassing."

i examined him for a moment, his chocolate locks a mess and his fresh faced features tinted pink. dan's dimples were most definitely his most prominent aspect. the covers in which we shared were strewn across the bed, our feet just barely touching. i almost fainted at the sudden thought that came across my mind. "holy shit, did we have sex?" i questioned, my eyes as wide as saucers.

crimson coated dan's cheeks at the accusation. this is the first time ive actually seen him blush. "w-what? no! i mean you wanted to, but i wouldn't let you." he rambled while fidgeting with the end of the covers.

"i wanted to?!" i exclaimed. "i think i should go." i rose from the covers, making sure to grab my shoes. i honestly didn't even want to know the things i did or said to him. i was already stressed out enough.

"(y/n) wait." dan said calmly but he made no other attempt to stop me when i went out the door.

***

"look what i got!" sung fawn as she held up the date envelopes in front of all the remaining girls. there were still quite a few of us left. that number would soon decrease after the scheduled rose ceremony tonight.

i had managed to slip in right before filming began. i refused to make eye contact with either emery or athena. it wasn't like athena was trying to talk to me anyways. emery, on the other hand, was a different case.

"oh! the first one's a group date. please don't be upset if you aren't in this. you'll get your chance." stated fawn before she began the cheesy pickup line and listing the names. i wasn't surprised that i wasn't on this group date. i didn't suspect to get two group dates in a row. the girls participating in the group date exited, leaving me, athena, as well as a few other random girls.