betrayal

puke

puke. it reeked of puke. the moans of the ill girls resonated throughout the mansion as i tried not to barf myself. plugging my nose, i sprinted to my room.

athena and emery talked to each other quietly, their conversation coming to an abrupt halt when they saw me standing in the doorway. in contrast to the outside, the room smelt like peaches and roses.

"close the door!" yelled athena, probably trying to keep the pleasant aroma in and the smell of yesterday's dinner out. i obliged and sat on the bed next to them after slipping off my shoes. "did you get the shirt?" she questioned.

"no, daniel said it could get me eliminated." i responded, making sure to say 'daniel' this time. "did you know that?"

emery's eyes widened but athena, as calm as ever, stated simply, "no, we didn't. im sorry. we didn't mean to put you in that situation."

emery chewed on her lip so hard i was worried it might start bleeding. athena squeezed her hand so hard it was turning red, but yet athena was still serene. "you know what," athena said. "we should probably get to bed. i heard that there's dates tomorrow."

the second athena let go of emery's hand, she broke. "im so so so so so sorry (y/n). it was all athena's plan. i feel so bad." emery apologized for something that i didn't know of.

"what?" i exclaimed. "athena, you wanted me to get the shirt so i would be eliminated for cheating?" athena cursed to herself before her eyes met my own. i could her emery apologizing even more to me quietly.

athena rolled her eyes before crossing her arms, "bingo bitch. i can't believe you were dumb enough to fall for it."

"i thought we were friends. what the hell?" i blustered as i watched athena roll her eyes once again.

"we were never friends. maybe for one millisecond before you had to go and make daniel obsessed with you." she retorted. is this how the other girls really view our small relationship. i wouldn't even call it that to be honest.

"make him obsessed with me?" i repeated, offended. "what the hell does that even mean?"

emery pulled a pillow to her chest in the corner, overcome with so much guilt it looked like she was going to cry. "oh i don't know, the whole '(y/n) do you need help', '(y/n) can i grab you for a second', '(y/n) wanna fuck', '(y/n)', '(y/n)', '(y/n)'." athena mimicked dan's voice and placed her hands on her hips. "also not to mention the fact that he just willingly let you into his house."

"that's not how it is." i responded, more quietly this time.

"then how is it (y/n)?" athena asked as she stared me down.

"will you guys stop fighting please!" yelled emery suddenly. she stood up on the bed, the pillow still hugging her chest as she stared at us pathetically. "how are we supposed to share a room?"

"we're not going to share a room." i informed while reviving confused looks from both girls. i threw on a pair of flip flops from the producer's gifts, probably gucci and began to head out the door. "by the way athena, you hold nothing over me. tell the producers i went to dan's and ill damn well tell them you poisoned everyone's drinks."

"where are you going?" dolefully asked emery as she watched me get ready.

"im going to dan's." i replied proudly. "he offered for me to stay over but i declined because of you all."

"you fucking slut." athena stated which caused me to stop in my tracks. for some reason, those words didn't offend me when the other girls said it, but coming from athena it meant something. i stormed over to her, and punched her with as much force as i could muster. she stumbled back, holding her house and examining the blood that started to flow.

i turned on my heels and left the room, not daring to look back. i headed straight for the kitchen. i grabbed whatever alcohol i could find which wasn't very hard. i ended up grabbing some tequila. it definitely wasn't my favorite but i managed to get down a few sips. i ended up taking the bottle with me as i began to escape the mansion.

i gulped down more liquid fire as i traveled towards dan's mansion. it wasn't until i almost fell down for the second time that i decided to abandon it on the side of the road. a littering fee was the least of my worries right now.

when i got to his door i repeatedly pressed the doorbell. i could hear the simple four note tune echoing throughout the house, but as i pressed the button more frequently the first note ended up just repeating. suddenly, an annoyed dan swung open the door. his agitated expression melted away when he saw me.

"(y/n), wha-" he started but i interrupted him by slamming my lips against his own. dan inhaled sharply as i clutched onto his shirt, pulling him into me as physically possible. the urgency of the kiss was unbearable. the drunken want supplied by me was in no contrast to dan's right minded urges. the kiss was most definitely not one sided. his lips were warm and tasted of mint; he had obviously had just brushed his teeth. the cold doorframe hit my back as dan pressed me up against it. he left a whisper of a kiss on my lips before he broke away.

"are you drunk?"dan asked quietly, his breath tickling my now semi swollen lips.

"mhm" i hummed as i traced random shapes lightly on his chest. "why does that matter?"

dan sighed as he stepped back, causing my hands to drop from his shirt. "it matters because i don't want to take advantage of you." he informed while ushering me past the threshold of the doorframe and into his house.

"you won't be taking advantage of me. i want this too." i replied as i wrapped my arms around dan's neck but he pushed them off.

"now you do, but you'll regret it in the morning." he said. "what are you doing here anyways. i thought your friends needed you."

i laughed. "those so called 'friends' wanted me to get eliminated, so i beat up one then came here."

"ooo, was it slow and painful?" dan questioned.

"i mean, i gave her a bloody nose." i shrugged. "did you know you have really pretty eyes?"

dan laughed quietly before grabbing my hand and leading me upstairs to a guest bedroom. he gently pushed me towards the bed. "get some rest, okay?"

"can you stay with me?" i asked as i abandoned my flip flops and got under the covers. dan's eyes stayed at the pair of shoes resting by the nightstand.

"those must cost a lot of money." he remarked. although i wasn't completely in my right mind, that comment sounded odd to me.

"well, they have a lot of money." i replied, slurring the ending of the word 'well'.

"of course i can stay with you." dan smiled as he sat down next to me. i laid my head on the pillow as he turned out the lights. he softly traced patterns on my arms, causing them to tingle. his gentle touch and rhythmic breaths eventually lured me into a state of slumber.