roses

"so tell me, do you think you'll get the first impressions rose?" questioned a producer shaded by a camera

"so tell me, do you think you'll get the first impressions rose?" questioned a producer shaded by a camera. i still haven't learned any of the various producers' or crew members' names.

i bit my rosy lip in thought. "i think that i have a decent chance of getting the first impression rose. although i don't know how the others girls are doing so i really don't know."

the producer shook his head in disappointment. "more emotion! you need to make the viewers believe that you have actual feelings for daniel already. you're the girl who is supposed to win everyone over!"

i let out a contemplative sigh before clearing my throat to speak once more. "i truly believe that i have a good chance of getting the first impressions rose. i felt as if daniel and i really connected in a special way that he won't get from some of the other girls. i'm pissed that our conversation got cut short by paisley. honestly, who does that?"

"i can definitely work with that." the producer nodded in approval. he then waved his hand in a gesture to leave.

i entered the living room once again to see a clique of girls huddled by the couch, camera men filming their every word.

"what a hoe!" exclaimed a brunette in a red off-the-shoulder dress, throwing her hands up in the air.

"you got that right victoria." agreed a petite woman with nose piercings.

the brunette, victoria, caught me loitering and shot me daggers. "what are you doing? what's in your hand?"

i glanced down at the crumpled up napkin that i was clutching onto. "it's just a napkin." i lied as i stuffed it in my bra.

victoria gave me a suspicious look as she beckoned me to reside next to her and her posey. "what's your name?"

"(y/n)." i replied confidently. no way in hell am i letting this bitch shake me up.

"so...(y/n), what do you do for a living." she interrogated, staring me down.

i kept eye contact, not faltered by her death stare. "i'm a waitress."

victoria scoffed. "where? hooters?" her posey of girls snickered as she just rolled her eyes. "my daddy owns a multi-million dollar business that i'm about to inherit."

"really?" i asked, pretending to be interested. "what's the business?"

"how am i supposed to know?" she replied, rolling her eyes once more.

our conversation was interrupted by chris harrison entering the living room with a deep rose on a golden plate. he gently set it down on the coffee table. as he was making his was back, he bumped into daniel. they conversed in hushed tones. daniel then sauntered down into the living room and picked up the rose off of the golden plate that once held it. he stared at me for a moment and grinned before he went back outside, leaving me with victoria and her gang.