revenge

a/n; guess who finally decided to update

i gently placed the crimson, fragile rose in wine glass filled to the rim with filtered water. i watched as the golden rays from the skylight collided with the transparent liquid, producing a rainbow on my bedroom wall.

dan had gifted me the rose because he claimed i had the better chocolate, but we both knew it was the kiss we shared. to be honest, my chocolate was pretty damn good as well.

i had received daggers from the other girls but i've gotten used to that by now. they might pretend to be my friend but in they end everyone's out for themselves. it's like the hunger games meets mean girls.

the only person i knew i could trust in this competition was emery. although we aren't close, it seems as everything she does is out of pure kindness. athena was getting better as well.

as i sauntered out into the kitchen, i knew people were still upset by me winning the first date rose. however, their distaste towards me was nothing like their jealously towards savannah, the recipient of the first one on one date. the moment she came back with a rose in hand rumors spread like a wildfire, most of which calling her a slut. it was high school all over again.

"yeah, so then i pushed him, totally with reason because he just called me a bitch-" veronica was ranting but stopped when i passed by her group and narrowed her eyes at me. i just ignored her and kept on walking towards emery in the kitchen.

"you're so right, ver-" chelsea began but was interrupted with a hard smack on her baby pink blush coated cheeks. she yelped and placed a gentle hand upon the mark it created.

"stop interrupting me!" screeched veronica, her complexion turning a bright shade of crimson. the whole room fell silent and i stopped in my tracks. "im so fucking sick of you chelsea! you don't need to comment on every fucking thing i say!" the cameras were eating this up.

tears rolled down chelsea's cheeks as she sprinted away from the scene, cameras following quickly behind her. i spun around and quickly walked away as i wanted to avoid any drama with veronica at the moment.

"here's the lucky lady now!" emery sung as she came sauntering towards me and away from the group of girls she was chatting with. "we were just talking about how everyone is totally jealous of you!"

"thanks." i said but it ended up sounding more like a question.

"anyways, how was it? tell me every little detail." she prompted, placing a hand on my shoulder. some girls began crowding around us and formed a half moon.

"um..." i cleared your throat as i tried to figure out what to say without it coming off as completely awkward. "it was nice, i guess."

athena rolled her eyes, "please. there has to be more than that. you'd be lying if you said you weren't turned on."