Chapter Ten.

Violet's POV

"Violet honey do you really want to be late again?!" I hear my mother shouting from the end of the hallway. I roll my eyes ever so slightly at her remark and look in the mirror one last time before I exit my room.

I grab my handbag and my laptop case as I make my way to the living room, "Momma do you always have to be so pristine about when i get there?"

She nods and puts her small hand on her right hip, "you betcha I do. It's your senior year Violet. You want to be there as much as you can."

I go to the living room only to have her trail right behind me. I get my laptop which still is opened to my site for filling out scholarships. I close it and put it in my case. I put the strap over my shoulder and I smile at her, " there ain't nothing to worry about."

My mother has a look of disapproval and she shakes her head, "nah sweetie. There is your pa and I always wanted you to go where we went ."

I purse my lips and look away from her," I already  told you and papa that I don't wanna go to Boise State. Why do y'all have to always decide for me?"

I go to the kitchen which has the door to the back .  The pick up and the car is parked out back. I close the door before she can get through it and I can tell she isn't happy with me as she opens the door again.

I am already in the car with my seat belt on and my laptop case off. I don't look at her as she gets in.

She looks ahead and doesn't say a word for a moment or two. She has her hands on the steering wheel but the car isn't even on.

"How much longer will you be like this?" She looks over at me and her expression shows worry and maybe frightened. I don't know why my mother is acting like this, "Violet are you acting like this because of Drew? Honey I know you and him are far-"

'Momma momma," I interrupt her before she goes any farther, "It's not about anything. Why do you think I am acting differently?"

"Well you have it is so obvious. You have brdn acting such much differently so much more disrespectful."

"STOP! " I yell and she flinches up. Why is she making such a big deal about it? I can't be acting that differently. "What do you mean disrespectful?!"

My mother can be so dramatic and so full of nothing but wondering how my life will turn out. She doesn't realise she is making me drive insane and I barely have started my senior year.

"You are doing it right now!" She raises her voice but it ends with a squeak. "You have been acting like this ever since we moved here!"

"What am I suppose to think?!? MOMMA?! You took my away from my friends. My friends. I have never been able to connect with anyone but I have four people I can now. One being the guy I love!!!"

We both are silent for a minute, "I knew it was about Drew. I just knew it."

I don't look at her again and I pull the lever of the door. It opens and I open it fully steeping out. Once I'm out fully I put my laptop over my arm and then  slam the door. I get inside my house again and don't even bother talking to anyone as I walk to my room. I slam the door and put the case on the bed with a huff.

I scream once and then sit down on my bed as I pull the ends of my hair. I lay back and then see my light flashing through the laptop case. Sensing someone is calling me for Skype i turn around and get it out.

I open it up and then get my laptop out. I wipe away a couple of years that are already leaking out.

I open my laptop and then see his username. I press answer and look at the screen.

"Hello." We both say at the same time.

If you get the end part of the chapter then I will love you forever. And you would also understand that is where I should leave the chapter. The chapter is short because of it. And if you can guess what it is referring to then yay!! You have read both books.

If this gets to 5 votes then I will update so share around like peanut butter and jelly haha

Love you!