Chapter Sixteen.

Song of the chapter: Stolen Dance by Mikey Chance

I will dedicate a chapter from now on to those who vote!! I hope you love this update!!

Chapter Sixteen. 

Violet's POV

The unspoken words that Drew once showed has got me thinking about life lately. How it comes and goes by the minute. How it can change so quickly by just one simple action. Ironically I had to learn that from a guy that never spoke a word for a year. Did I learn more from him than he did from me? Does he ever think about the words I said to him compared to the lessons he taught me wordless?

Every single day ever since we broke up it has gotten worse. The five day routine just happens more frequently. The memories I had with him in Paris has lost it's way to my subconscious. The love we both desired has worked it's way up to nothing. Nonexistent....And I only blame myself. 

I blame myself for having to fall in love with a guy that couldn't love me back. It's like that one time I took blame for Levi losing Austin's gift and made Levi claim mine. But it is not exactly. No it can actually be oh so different from that time. 

'You can't blame a girl for trying' is such a motto now and days that it shouldn't even be a motto but just a goal in life. Meaning shoot for the stars. Do what you want to do and if it fails then it fails. But what is crossing the line?

Falling in love crosses that line. And why do I have to be seventeen to find this out? 

And why am I getting ready to see a guy when I am thinking of another?

"You look really nice,"  Tate greets me and I smile at him. Of course he'll be nice about this type of stuff. He nods to the pay booth then walks with me to it. 

I wipe my tongue on my bottom lip and then pay the five dollar fee. I wait for him to as well and then he smiles at me. 

That damn smile. Stop it. 

I walk with him to the bleachers. 

"Where would you like to sit?" he asks as he looks around, "I can't find my friends anywhere."

I shrug, "here is fine," I point to the front and then he nods as we sit down. What happens if he tries to hold my hand or try to kiss me because of caught up during the moment of a touchdown? 

We stand up to the national anthem and I continue to look around in the crowd. Once it is finished I point to a group and the people look familiar. 

"Aren't those your friends?" I ask him and look back at him. He doesn't even look up there and he just smiles at me.

"Actually I was lying. Let's just sit here together. Because that is what we agreed to do. Sit together.." he trails off and the buzzer goes off so he looks toward the field. 

"And there goes Krisler up for the pass!" the announcer booms out of the speaker. The home side of the bleachers cheer him on and then he adds," and that makes for the first down for the Panthers!"

I feel Tate clap his hands and cheer the guys on, "the boys are already doing great."

I nod, "yeah you could say that again!"

"So how often do you go to games?" he asks me. 

Oh no. The twenty questions are starting....

I shrug," I go often. I mean not as much as most people because I am so anti social."

Oh my gosh did I really say that out loud?

Tate's expression turns into serious to humorous really quick, "literally same." Now I don't really believe him since he is a guy. Most guys love football and love to root on the team.

"No really?" I ask him. Okay maybe he does have my attention right now but let's not make conclusions okay.

"Yes really. I hate football actually. I was just trying to find a way to ask you out." 

That really makes me laugh. 

"Oh no you are laughing what did I do," He face palms," I always mess things up with all the girls I have been with. I mean I haven't been with many girls. It's just-"

Wow he's almost as bad as I am at rambling, "no I totally get it and I was actually very flattered when you asked me." I put my hand on his shoulder and he smiles at me.

"So do you really want to stay here then? Now that we both actually really don't like football." he jokes and I laugh.

I stand up and hold out my arm for him to link with his, "let's go out together," I joke back. 

'Well don't mind if I do," he links it and stands up. We walk from the bleachers dramatically and go to the parking lot again. 

"Uh what now?" he asks and leans to me. 

"I actually thought you had an idea!" I exclaim. 

We both die in laughter and then he throws his hands up, "well I brought my bronco so I guess we can use my car to go wherever you want," then he adds really quick but say it slow, " only..if you..want."

I nod, "yeah that sounds good." 

I unlink our arms, 'well show the way kind sir." I say in an attempt of a British accent.

He laughs and then we walk toward the fourth row of cars. I see the red bronco that I sometimes see around town. 

"She's old but I love her unconditionally,"he unlocks the car doors. 

I open my door and then nod, "I think she's beautiful."

We both get in at the same time and then we look at each other. 

"So where to," he asks. 

I laugh, 'you're the driver so wherever you want to go."

He better not be playing this on me. Why does he have to be so nice.

"You are the navigator and not to mention the lady so wherever you want to."

I throw my hands up, "okay how about Maccas?"

"Maccas?" he asks. he looks confused and that's when I remembered I spent three months in a different country where that's what they McDonald's.

"Uh McDonald's," I awkwardly say. He puts on his seat belt and so I do the same. He puts the car in reverse and goes out of the parking lot. 

"Maccas it is." he makes fun of me and how i was so embarrassed in calling this. 

I suddenly find myself blushing. Growing red for a different guy other than Drew. Drew was the only other guy that has been able to do this. Why am I letting this guy I barely know do this to me? Why am I letting Tate out of all people do this? Sure he is nice and sweet. To sweet if you ask me. 

What if there is a future? I know. I know. This is to early to say but what if there is. What if I forget about Drew actually way easier than I give myself credit for.

Now all I am thinking to myself is: I really wish i said no when Drew asked me if I want to be his girlfriend.

Omg. I updated!! It is pretty short but I promise I am trying *crying emoji* 

Don't forget to vote, follow me, and comment! Share it around like jelly

Follow all my socials!! Love you all!! 

-H