Chapter Thirteen

Here is the video of possibly my favorite song for this book!! David Archuleta I am seeing you in almost two more weeks dude! I am not prepared!

Chapter Thirteen.

Violet's POV

Drew's birthday passed. Need I think it once more? Drew's birthday-

"Miss Kaster I'd suggest you to pay attention in my class or you will fail my course," the lousy teachers says to me right in front of everyone. 

I was thinking about him again and it only leads me to heartache and wanting him to be here. To be holding me in his arms again. Smell his smell again which is an awkward mixture of pennies and Old Spice. 

"Uh-yes," I say and I nod to him, "yes Sir." 

My voice projects out as only a whisper. A mumble that not even Hawk Helen can hear. Hawk Helen has ears like a hawk so the name suits her very well. If she can't hear me mumble that little whisper then I am definitely not saying it loud enough. 

Yet the teacher just turns around and nods as if he did hear me. He starts to write on the board again and so I go back to the spot where the student was reading.

"The pain in his chest could only-" I drain out what the student reads with my own thoughts.

The pain in his chest...

Could Drew feel any pain right now? Could he feel the constant pain in his chest of which I feel just about every single minute? The pain will never leave, however I know it eventually will. The constant sting and burning inside my heart will always be there. Drew wasn't just my first kiss. The first guy I had a connection with. 

I loved him. I know I am young and we are both actually very young but the young can love. It's called young love right? Because if it wasn't for it then how could people meet each other and know?

Does Drew ever wake up in the middle of the night and feel like his heart will explode? Does his brain corrupt everything he has because he can't get the memories we had together out?

Because I know. I know exactly how that feels. He will never understand how I feel. How I truly felt when he called it off? Does he even miss me like I miss him? One day after another I will ask that for myself. 

It's already been five days. Five days and those days have made me feel worse than what I could ever feel. 

The first day wasn't so bad. I thought it would be the worst because I was so used to that solace Drew had in my heart. But it was the best. I spent the day lounging around in the courtyard and reading 1984 for quite a while. School wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was okay and I think that's what it all means when I say I would have been alright if school lasts seven days a week. 

The second day came and it wasn't necessarily the weekend yet. It was spent looking around and feeling as if I have to always look and search for anyone that might remind me of him. That day I decided to skip dinner. I went into my room and I found myself crying. Crying about a guy I knew I could never see again. Let alone love.

The third day came after such a restless night and I ended up skipping breakfast but that's not all. I took my own trip on a bus to the city and went to the zoo. All the animals were so cute and I ended up crying again. No one was there beside me. To hug me. To tell me I will be alright. Levi, Nate, and Austin were not close to me like I was so used to. 

I went home that night and skipped dinner. twenty four hours without food and I felt great. Not great for the feeling in my heart was sinking even more but i still felt okay enough not to eat. So that's what I did the next day. I didn't eat.