Dylan O'Brien: Audition

Imagine:

Dylan x Reader:

Your name- submit what this is.

A few weeks ago I had auditioned to be in a movie that I had been wanting to take part in ever since the original. They were releasing a new modern version of Pride and Prejudice, and I was certainly not willing to give up any potential chance I might have in gaining a part in this movie.

I had auditioned to play the part of Elizabeth Benet, the lead. It was a long shot but it was worth a try, I put every inch of effort I had into that audition. Obviously I would be devastated if I didn't get the part but at least I would know I tried my best. That's all that counts if you think about it.

I was supposed to get the call today, the call that would be life changing. If I got the role for this movie, my career would sky rocket.

So here I was sitting by the phone, waiting for it to ring. My boyfriend wouldn't be home until later, so if I got the role, I could surprise him. He knows how much this means to me, and I'm thankful for that.

About an hour later, I was still sitting by the phone. Nothing so far and I was getting bored and hungry, so I decided I should get something to eat. I ventured into the kitchen and searched in the cupboards trying to find something I could snack on. I grabbed some chips and dip. As i opened the chips, I heard the phone ringing in the living room, so i dropped the bag of chips and sprinted into the room next door.

I grabbed the phone, pressing the answer button and sticking right beside my ear so i could hear the person on the other side of the receiver.

"Hello?!" I asked somewhat calmly, as i tried to refrain my self from freaking out and embarrassing myself.

"Hello, are you Miss Y/L/N?" The receiver asked me. I nodded without realising they couldn't see me.

"Yes I am."

"Well we have great news for you, we are calling to ensure you that you've gotten the part to play Elizabeth Benet, in our production of Pride and Prejudice. Congratulations."

I was stunned, i actually got the part, I've been dreaming off since i first saw the original film. I didn't know what to say. I was speechless.

"Thank you so much, you don't understand how happy i am to hear that." I say baffled.

"No problem, we have sent you over a copy of the script which you will need to learn off by heart before we next meet in a month in order to start the production. It should be there  within the next couple of hours. Speak soon.

"Bye, and thank you again!" I say before hanging up. I should probably keep myself busy for the next few hours whilst i wait for the script to get here. I can't believe i actually got the part. I was so excited to read the script.

I chose to do some house work whilst i waited which was a good idea because before i knew it, a package came through the letterbox. I put down my cleaning supplies and run to door. I grab the package and opened it carefully, so i don't rip it.

I gawk at the script, it was unreal, actually being able to look at it in real life.

As I scan over the script, my heart drops at one of the scenes i would have to do with whoever played Mr Darcy. We had to kiss, and it wasn't a quick kiss either, it was a full on make-out kiss. Dylan would never let me take part if he knew i had to do this.

Speak of the devil. Dylan walked in, looking as happy as ever. I placed the script down on the coffee table and stood up. I walked over to him, and he hugged me tightly.

"Hey babe, you look happy, good day at work?" I asked, smiling at him lightly, my arms wrapped loosely around his torso.

"Yeah, it was a really good scene today, funny too." He grinned down at me before pecking my lips. "Did you get the call?" He asked once i let go of him. I just nodded, not knowing what to say to him.

"That's great isn't it? Why don't you look to happy about it?" He asked me, looking confused. I sighed and sat down, patting the seat next to me. He sat down. Worry was written over his features.

"I'm more than happy that i got the part, it's just that i have to make out with the guy that plays Mr Darcy." I say quietly, playing with my hands that were in my lap.

"I'm sorry...what?" He asked, a frown up on his face. I didn't say anything. "You're not thinking of taking to role are you?" He continued.

"No, I'm taking role. I've been waiting so long for this Dylan!" I say, raising my voice slightly. How could he possibly think i wouldn't take the part.

"No you're not taking the role." He stated. I looked at him with shock.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard what i said, you're not taking the role for that movie Y/N."

"You don't get to make that decision for me."

"Don't i? I'm your boyfriend, i at least have some say in it!"

"What like i have a say in what you do, or who you kiss. Because you've kissed plenty of people whilst we were together. "

"That's different"

"How is this any different to you kissing people on teen wolf, or any other movie you're in!" I was getting angry now.

Dylan didn't say anything. I just grabbed my bag and stuffed some of the things i would need into it. I would get the rest later.

I grab my keys, phone and script and walk towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Dylan asked me, looking upset although he had no right to be.

"I'm leaving, this obviously isn't working out Dylan. I wont let you stand in the way of my career."

"Y/N, don't do this okay. I'm sorry." He had tears in his eyes and so did i at this point.

"I'm sorry too Dylan." I give him a fake smile before walking out of our apartment.