Volley Ball

School only started a week ago but I already feel like it's been a year. I just want my school life to be over so I can get on with my life. It's not like I don't like school because I have bad grades, I'm actually at the top of my class, I just find it boring. Sure it passes time, I would probably be wasting time right now if it wasn't for stupid school. Also it gives me a chance to play volleyball.

     Ever since I was little I loved to play volleyball. My father taught me to play when I was eight. It wasn't untill middle school I started to play on a team. Just like in school I dramatically excelled in volleyball quickly becoming the ace.

     After I graduated middle school  I came here to Nekoma for high school. I heard they had a good volleyball program and this peaked my interest.

     I had to move to Tokyo, away from my family, from Nagoya. I live on my own in a one bedroom apartment a few miles away from school.

     Making new friends wasn't very hard at all. Most of the girls from the team became good friends with me. One impaticular, Kimoyisha Miku. We share the same classes so we were always together and became very close. Something else we had in comin was we both had a huge crush on the captain of Nekoma's boy's volleyball team, Kuroo Tetsurou.

     We both knew he would never notice us but we sure could dream. "Hey [f/n]-chan, do you think Kuroo will come watch us practice?" Miku asked with a goofy smile on her face.

      "No," I replied cautiously, "don't they have practice too?"

     "Their coach is letting them off because they have a practice match tomorrow," she replied as she stared out the window starry-eyed.

     I turned to meet her gaze and saw a familiar face making his way from the gym. It was Kuroo. I don't even know why I like him so much. I'm just completely awe-struck. He has presence, I don't.

     "Hey Miku-chan, are you going to stare forever, your food's getting cold and I'm hungry," I said pointing my chop sticks at her binto.

      Quickly she stuffed a mouth full of rice down her throat and swallowed hard, "You will never get my food greedy [f/n]-chan!"

     I couldn't help but let out a loud laugh as I whinned, "I'm the greedy one?"

     We both finished our food just before the bell rang signaling class was starting. Yet I couldn't focus, all I could do was stare down at the gym Kuroo might be watching us practice in. This pumped me up, but also made me really nervous for what's to come. Just like before every match I feel like this, but there is no reason for me to feel like this.

      Would I make a fool of myself in front of Kuroo? Would he even notice me out there? Would he even care if I messed up?

     All these questions fill my head and they spin around making my head hurt. I'm nervous, and rightfully so, I'm about to be watched by my crush.

     As I drift into thought I hear the distant laughing of my class mates and someone calling my name.

     Suddenly I snap out of it. My head jolts to the man standing next to my desk calling my name. It was the teacher. "[l/n] are you paying attention?," he questioned.

      I knodded then responded, "I'm sorry, I'll pay more attention."

     He turned and walked to the front of the class as everyone stifled laughs, "very good Ms.[l/n], you wouldn't want to fail our next test."

     Soon enough everyone settled down and continued on work. Well except form me of course. I just sat staring into my note book doodling, and waiting for class to finally end so I could get to practice.