The Boy's Team

The guys are back from their practice match, which they won, and it's our first practice together. I didn't expect it to be so crouded. There are a lot of us on both teams but I had never thought it would be like this.

Me and Miku just came from changing in the club room. When we walked into the gym the guys had the quart already. The girls are in front of the bleachers waiting to start stretches. We ran over to the waiting circle, "Sorry we're late." I rubbed the back of my neck in embarrassment.

"Don't mind," Naomi smiled while Yuki glared at her in disapproval.

After streches we went out in front of the gym to practice passing and setting. Teturo and Fuji tried to spike the ball out here but it rolled away and we spent fifteen minutes looking for it.

The boys took a break and came outside. Kenma and Lev helped look for the volleyball with everyone else. I didn't, I went to take a break in the tree. Even more cherrie blossoms had opened, spreading a sweet, nostalgic sent through the tree's. Once again I found Kuroo's voice breaking me out of a daze. "Aren't you going to help look for the ball," he said.

I pointed over to a thorn bush everyone was avoiding, "it's there, I came up here for a better look, but I didn't feel like getting down."

Kuroo let out a cat like laugh, "why do you like it up there so much."

"As you know, I used to climb tree's with my brothers, but the other reason why I like this tree so much is that it's calming."

I paused to take in the scent of the blossoms, "you can see everything from here, and the breeze up here is slow but cool."

Soon enough Kuroo began to lift himself up onto the branch. He kicked his leg over sitting opposite me. He stabilised himself then said, "I guess this is really calming." He took in a deep breath leaning back in exaggeration. I couldn't help but laugh when he jolted back up to keep himself from falling. He laughed through his light blush.

Kenma drifted over to us unscene then sat under the branch we were sitting on. Kuroo, being unaware of this, went on to say, "so why do you like volleyball, like what drives you?"

A sad smile cursed my lips, "my father taught me when I was young, it was all I had left of him." Kuroo adjusted awkwardly, obviously regretting the question.

I looked him straight in the eye as I said, "Don't feel bad, I had a long time with him, he died after I moved here to Tokyo." This only seemed to make things worse, which wasn't my intentions.

"I'm sorry about that, I don't have any idea of how hard that must have been for you," he said with a sad look.

"There is no reason for you to feel bad for me, I'm really ok," I felt awkward as I said this. Suddenly his arms were around me when I realise I had been crying. I felt bad for dragging him in to this.
"[f/n]," he whispered my name. It was sexy but caring and my tears stopped flowing. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry," I said as I pulled away from him to wipe my tears away. But he didn't let go.

His head rested on my shoulder. I could feel his breath on the nape of my neck. It was hot but shallow, and the rythem was calming. I brushed my fingers through his hair, his hair was surprisingly soft. "Kuroo?" I said in a confused tone.

"I'm sorry [n/n]," he finally pulled away. His expression was soft but hot. I wanted to reach out and touch him.

Suddenly as if I wasn't in control I saw my hand raise up to his chest placing my hand over his heart. I was surprised, I guess he could tell because he questioned, "what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry," I blushed as I pulled my hand away, "I don't know why I did that." He laughed, I couldn't tell if he was laughing at me or trying to laugh with me.

There was an awkward silence that filled the air, yet it felt right. Then suddenly the silence was broken when Lev yelled, "I found it!" Kuroo jumped down first then caught me as I came down. We looked into each other's eyes then went back to our teams.

This tree made us do stupid things. But these stupid things made us feel a rush. It's hard to explain, I know I feel like a full grown woman, and Kuroo seems to feel like an adult as well. Yet he is closer to adulthood than I am. This tree made me feel calm but alive. This tree is what life should be like, this is my home away from home.