Fear

when I woke up my head was throbbing and my left leg was numb . I was shivering and sweating so badly I could feel the drops fall from my face , yet I was freezing cold . My hands were shaking and clammy , and when I tried to move off the bed pain seared through my body so badly I screamed  , which didn't happen often . My vision was blurry and i kept seeing Arlo in the corner of my eyes , but when I turned , nobody was there . I felt so delirious and nauseous , my thoughts were clouded and I ended up falling off the bed and onto my leg . When I didn't feel any pain , I knew something was wrong . I tried to drag myself towards the door but I couldn't seem to focus enough to command my body to move , infact vertigo hit me like a bullet and I threw up the entire contents of my stomach onto the cold , hard floor .

I lay there on the floor , staring at the ceiling and shaking visiuosly , turning my head every so often to Arlo , who infact , wasn't there . but I didn't know that . I reached for her , careful not to look at her head on because I knew she would disappear . My trembling hands touched nothing but musty air and confusion settled in . I don't know how long I steyed there , quivering and attempting to reach out every few minutes . Finally , I rolled over and managed to drag my way to the door , the effort draining my body , and when I reached it , Blackness swirled my vision and I feel unconscious .

I stayed like that for who knows how long . I kept slipping in and out of my state , hallucinating worse then the moon-spirit addicts .I kept seeing people I didn't know , some stood there and did nothing , sending shivers down  y spine . some walked around aimlessly and other just sat beside me . I felt like sobbing , like whimpering and crying. I didn't know what was going on and I couldn't seem to make my brain work . for once in my life , I felt scared . helpess.

A single tear rolled down my cheek and I fell back into the blackness .I felt a hand brush against my leg and I screamed in pain , even though it was completely numb . the burning came from inside , deep inside my soul and it wouldn't stop . The hand gripped my face and stroked it tenderly . somebody was screaming and I heard people bustling about . next thing I knew I was airborne ,  being straddled bridal style against somebodys chest . the warms emmited me and I curlwed into it , shivering . I was to scared to open my eyes . this isn't real . my body was frozen in time , my heart beating slowly and every breath I took burned my chest .

I felt the hand stroke my hair again and I whimpered . I mustered all my energy to open my eyes , and when I did , I took the last breath thought  I would ever take . Piericing purple eyes stared back at me , soft and filled with concern , but hard and fierce at the same time . Burning with fear . Fear of what ?

My mind swarmed with emotions but numbness took over . I felt a black veil of something  be put over my mind . I felt empty yet so fulfilled . memories from my childhood rushed into me and I felt a single tear roll down my cheek again , before being pulled into eternity of nothingness.