RONAN POV

The way she talks , the way she holds her self , the power that rolls of her in waves , her prescense is simpy ... addictive .

I remember when i first saw Octavios . I was furious a recruit had sent nebula unconscious , as immense my disliking towards nebula , she alongside her sister Gamora were a sort of peace treaty between me and thanos .

 But when i ordered her in , she just stood there , her head held high and her beautiful gold eyes fierce and hard . I had expected a boy , Octavios is  a mans name after all , but what I received was a rather short yet well built girl . Her long , straight black hair brushed her waist and her skin a very light brown , glowing in the scarce illumination of the room.

I had seen many beautiful and lustful women in my days as a ruler , but they were never quite enough , they were power thirsty-disease- ridden mongrels in my eyes , always throwing themselves onto me and expecting something back . I never bothered with finding a suitable candidate , what lies beneath the surface maters to me most .

The almost non-existent stirring of emotion deep in the hard-wiring of my soul made me tense . I knew love was weakening and dangerous , strength is all that matters to me . And strength did she show , her actions were fast and aggressive , her blows intended to cause damage . I knew then I had to create a barrier or i would become drunk in attraction to her .

I toyed with her , I tested her and her perceptive skill just out of sheer curiosity . She grew very angry and stormed towards the light , where i attempted to knock her unconscious before i did something i would regret , like take her then hard and fast . I failed when she caught my punch and twisted my wrist . I stumbled into her , her gold eyes narrowing and her nostrils flaring in annoyance . her gaze trapped me , i could not escape .

I twisted and grabbed her wrist softly . we stood there for a moment , and i could feel myself losing self control , so i pinned her against the wall by her throat roughly .

Not a very bright idea .

My body was pushed against hers and i could feel the rise and fall of her chest , her hand was slightly wedged between herself and my lower abdomen and i nearly erupted in pure lust . we stood there , neither of us breaking the intense mutual stare . I couldn't take it much longer , she was breathing heavily and her full , pink lips were slightly parted . I pushed in closer and cursed internally , i am strong  , i refuse to feel emotion .

with that , I pushed off her roughly and turned , ignoring the burning in my chest . I didn't look back at her  as I walked away  .