War With Love

The next day , i have an unexpected visitor . I was hobbling around the medical room , grinning from ear to ear because i could actually walk not to bad now . It didnt hurt much anymore , just the odd throb here and there . Mostly , it was just weakened from not being used for a while so i was walking and even jogging lightly everday to strenghen the muscles . I had just finsihed a jog around the ship and was looking for a piece of paper to draw on , when a tumbling ball of light brown hair came sprinting in . I stood and stared for a moment , stunned to the core . I was terrfied , i was terrified she wasnt real , i knew my mind played tricks on me like that before and i was cautious as i walked slowly to her .

she stood there , her deep green eyes shining and a massive smile plastered on her face . She had grown an inch or two since i last seen her and my eyes stung as tears threatened to pour out. I pushed them back and muttered her name weakly .

'' Arlo ? is that you ?.'' she just nodded and ran to me , and when i embraced her and felt skin and silky hair , i knew it was real . she was really here .

I couldnt help it. tears rushed down my face and i sobbed on her shoulder .

'' Im sorry , im so sorry , im so so sorry arlo .'' I whispered to her , holding her as tight as i could .

she began whimpering on my shoulder and i stroked her hair , comforting her . Finally , i pulled away and stared into the eyes of the only person i could ever love this much .

she smiled up at me , her eyes wide and wet with tears . pain of regret and guilt speared through my heart , but i couldnt look away . I wouldnt look away , never again .

'' I missed you , how have you been ? '' i smiled at her , forcing myself to stop crying .

'' good ! i missed you so much , when they took gorina i was so scared , but then some nice soldiers took me to a massive mountain .'' she emphasied massive with her hands and my smile grew bigger , but inside my heart ached  . so gorinas gone . i never thought i would say it , but i miss her , i really do . she didnt have to put up with me , but she did , and I will forever be thankful to her  .  i nodded to Arlo  , urging her to continue .

'' And then i ate so much i throwed up , and then yesterday a really big man with a cool hammer came to the mountain , and asked me if i wanted to see you tavius ! i was so excited i cried and he gave me a big hug and he even let me sit on his shoulders on the way to the big ship ! ''.

at the mention of big man with a cool hammer , my mind immediatley flew to Ronan and my heart fluttered inside my chest , and tears threatened to fall again , tears of happines and gratitude . had he really bought her here to see me ? had he actually given her a hug and a shoulder ride ? i wasnt suprised he could feel that level of compassion, i knew everybody would love once , no matter what or who it is , but that didnt mena i wasnt shocked . I had never heard of him doing such kind things .

My tears came out and this time it was because i realised that maybe Arlo wasn't the only person i loved..

Me and arlo spent the rest of the day together . We walked around the ship and she 'oooh' and 'ahhhhhed' . we laughed and talked , and i even saw siril , and made arlo apologise for trying to kill him with a bed post .

I was happy , geniunely happy , for the first time in so long , i was smiling and laughing , i was enjoying myself . It would have to be the best day ive had so far , i was ready to give up , i wasnt sure of where i belonged anymore , but now , i know for sure .

After a long day , arlo became very tired and a guard came to collect her .

'' Shes not safe here on the ship , i hope you understand . shell be safe at Titan.'' he said softly , and i smiled and nodded , because i did understand , and i was gratfelu i even got to see her for a minute .