High Hopes

I fell asleep in Ronans arms last night , and when I woke up today I was ecstatic.

we had declared the love for each other , without really doing it . The saying silence says the most really applied there . I was so happy I even washed my hair today . As I'm walking to breakfast , I bump into Jonah , who just so happens to be walking with nebula .

I haven't seen here in a few months now , and safe to say she has just become even more vile .

'' I heard you graduated .'' she hisses at me , and I smile brightly at her .

'' Yes , Corporal of Empire attack.'' I state , making sure to rub it in her face as much as I could . she just sneers and points to my face.

'' what the hell  is that ugly thing ? '' my smile drops instantly and I look at Jonah , who hasn't even acknowledged my presence yet , and is merely gazing at the floor in such interest I'm worried . I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion , what the hell is up with him ?

'' Its a scar .'' I say deadpan '' obviously , you fucking idiot.'' 

nebula just growls and walks off , throwing me a glare that fails to do what its supposed to do  .

I look at Jonah , who still hasn't looked at me . the tension is thick and bothering , and his body is stiff.

'' what's up with you ? '' I grunt , annoyed at his behaviour.

he finally looks at me , his expression blank .

'' We cant be friends anymore , as corporals of attack and defence we obviously have to communicate , but other than that I don't want to see you . I'm sorry Octavios , I just ...'' hes cut off when I rear my fist back and plunge it into his face .

He grunts and stumbles back , eyeing me hard . I thought we were friends , I mean I've never had a friend before , so I wouldn't know what it was meant to feel like anyway ,  but in the weeks I spent at hospital he would always come by and we would actually have a good time . we talked deeply about memories and laughed at the funny ones , I held his hand when he told me about his parents death and he put an arm around my shoulder when I told him about Arlo , I cant believe he would just come outright and say that , I mean , what had I even done wrong ? .

he catches himself and nods , all anger gone from his eyes .

'' okay , I deserve that , jus-'' this time , I don't punch him , I don't kick him , I don't pull his hair or twist his arm behind his back , I don't break his bones or tear off a limb , no , I do what I should have done the first time I accidently let him in .

I turned and walked away , not even giving him a look back .