Octavios POV

Its been over a week since that night with Ronan , and I've been anxious to see him . Much to my dismay , he disembarked the Dark Aster several days ago to attend to business , and I only saw him briefly before he boarded the ship . we were alone and he gave me a quick yet tight and meaningful embrace and left without a word .

Today is a busy day , I'm preparing yet for a another battle , This one against the Nova Corps of planet Xandar . I was informed two days ago  by Korath we were being sent to retrieve vital information from the Nova Corp Military base on a deserted strip of land on Kronos . It was a simple retrieve mission , but heavy backfire was expected , so I made sure to rest my leg all day .

So now , I'm putting on my battle uniform . The last time I went to fight , It was unexpected and I left with what I was wearing . The uniform I am in now is not much different , it consists of a thick black leather-like material jacket , atop a skin black tight t-shirt , and very tight black trousers . the boots are thick and hard , buckled and strapped in various places . I put my hair into a pony tail and smeared my face with black war paint .

I have with me the machete from the last battle . I decided I favoured it very much , therefore it would be my main weapon from here on now , plus I used it pretty well . I decided to only holster a single gun and shoved a knife in my boots just in case .

To say I'm not nervous is a lie , my palms are slightly sweaty and uneasiness is gnawing at my gut . you'll be fine  , take a deep breath . I listen to the soothing voice in my mind and do just that , letting it out in a huff . I close my eyes and stretch my body one last time , making sure there is little to no pain in my leg . it seems fine , so I walk into the adjoining room to brief my soldiers before we head out .

I enter the command room , clearing my throat . 300 and some heads turn to me and I take another deep breath before speaking .

'' Soldiers , Your orders are to infiltrate and retrieve , I repeat , infiltrate and retrieve . we are headed to Kronos , where Xandar has placed their leading Nova Corp military base , There , you are ordered to retrieve every single  written and hard-drive  document in their command room . '' I announce , clearing my throat once more '' A map will be shown to you shortly . But , we expect the Nova to fight back , therefore if we must , we will destroy our way through to that room .soldiers , avoid fighting if you must , those documents are important . the plan will be discussed soon  '' I finish and turn to siril , who will be briefing my men and few women of the layout of the base .

'' be careful , tavios .'' siirl embraces me briefly and I smile into his solid shoulder .

'' why yes , I am always careful , why would you think different ?   .' I wink and laugh as I pull away . he just chuckles and slaps me hard on the back , which I gather to be a habit of his , because every time I see him I end up sporting a few bruises .

I curse at him as his rough hand makes contact and he walks off , laughing at my pain . I cant help but smile as I head towards the armoury once more . I decided to exchange my jacket for a similar one with a hood attached , and as I put it on , I hear the clearing of a throat behind me . I turn to find Jonah in the doorway , leaning against the frame .

I tense and narrow my eyes at him . I haven't seen his since he had declared we could no longer be friends , and I didn't care to . Okay I lied , a tiny slither of me actually misses his company , his easy demeanour and sparkling eyes , his heavy laughter and uplifting mood . Okay , I lied , a HUGE bit of me did . I sigh and walk forward .

'' What do you want Jonah ? '' I cringe at the icy tone of my voice , but immediately don't care  , because we are no longer friends .  He avoids my gaze and sighs , running a large , calloused hand through his hair .

'' I was just making sure you were fit for the mission , your leg is not healed thoroughly .'' he mutters , rubbing the back of his neck .

'' What's it to you Jonah ? '' I scoff , crossing my arms and tapping my foot impatiently . he sighs again , making me want to yawn .

'' Because I care about you Octavios , fuck .'' he says sharply and I raise my eyebrows at him

'' why Jonah ? friends care about each other , but you Jonah , are not my friend , and that's on your behalf .'' I snap , breathing heavily . But I'm not done yet .  '' whatever did I do wrong Jonah ? I thought I was at least an alright friend , what made you decide so rashly ? I told you things I have never told anyone , I let you in , and in return you pushed me to the side . '' By now my voice has risen dramatically and my heart is beating fast .

'' because I cant stand to see you with him .'' Jonah growls , his deep beautiful eyes burning into mine , his face twisted into disgust .

'' who's ' him ' Jonah , and why cant you stand to see him with me ? '' I question , moving closer towards him . By now were less then an arms length away and I can feel the anger and heat radiate from his body . I almost , almost  want to embrace him and feel his toned body pressed into mine . I sigh and look down , already disliking the adding of stress before a mission . he mirrors me and his body relaxes .

'' It doesn't matter Octavios , I'm sorry , just forget it . '' he whispers softly and my heart shrieks insisde my chest . He turns to leave , and by the time his back is towards me , Ive made my desicios .

'' Jonah Wait ! '' I grab his arm soflty and turn him towards me once more . His warmness in his hazel eyes has returned and my stomach flips at the defeat floating in them . before I know it , I'm pulling Jonah into a hug , sighing at the familiar warmth and feel of his hard body .

He relaxes straight away , pulling me against him tighter and breathing deeply . his head is buried in my hair and his slightly bent over to reach my short height , and my arms are around his neck . 

''I'm sorry Jonah .'' I admit , my voice muffled by his sturdy shoulder . he doesn't say anything , just pulls me tighter then I possibly thought .

''I'm sorry  so sorry .'' he whispers , his breath tickling my ear and making my heart dance .

After a moment I reluctantly pull away from his warmth , looking deep into his eyes . They no longer have a defeated look , more like one I don't think I recognise . he smiles a gorgeous , dimpled smile and my stomach flutters . I cant help but smile back , and we stay there for a moment , staring into each others eyes and smiling like crazy people .

were interrupted by Siril , who chuckles and calls us ' love struck fucks ', before informing Jonah its his turn up . I turn red at the ' love struck ' part and I notice Jonah has to . ha-ha siril ,  I'm not in love with Jonah .

I frown to myself.

I least I think I'm not .