NEW PLACE Part 1

It was a sunny Sunday morning. A quiet morning. Which was spoiled by Mrs.Stick's yelling. "GEORGE! It's already half past eleven! I don't know what am I going to do with you!Wake up!", thundered Mrs.Stick.

George slowly opened her eyes and walked towards the hall. The time in the clock was 9.30 am. She knew that Mrs.Stick would always say like that.

She walked towards the garden and sat with Timmy. She patted his head slowly. Timmy whined quietly. Tears came from George's eyes and it was almost like a dream for her. Nearly eight years ago.....

George was nine years old when that horrible incident had happened. Actually George isn't George. She is Georgina. But since her real name had three syllables, everyone called her with a single syllable name-GEORGE. But she didn't care. She had blue eyes and bronze hair. She loves to be unique and different from others. Her hair was cut short and each hair was facing each direction. Sometimes it would be difficult to tell if she was a girl or a boy, seeing her hair. She was brave and strong and quiet. Her best friend was Timmy the big dog. (She will punch you if call TIMMY A DOG). George lost her mother when she was nine. Her mother was also her best friend. She thought that her life was over. But Timmy gave her hope. Her father, Mr. Stick remarried another woman. The woman was kind with George at first. But since she couldn't give birth to a baby on her own, she became harsh on her.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Still on your bed?" yelled Mrs. Stick.

"I'm coming!"

"You always say, "I'm coming" "I'm coming". But you never! LAZY BONES!"

"The day has not even started and this woman goes all bla-bla-bla." muttered George under her breathe.

George walked in and got ready for the day. Timmy was always with her. She marched towards the kitchen and her parents were eating. George's father worked in a small company. His wages were too low and it was not that easy to make the two ends meet.

"Oh! George! You can have the leftover soup. Since you're late anyway"

"Okay . I don't mind"

"So George, you are the first one in our family to be graduated and go to a college. Are you nervous?" asked her dad.

"Yes a bit nervous. But the happiest part is that pets are allowed there to stay with us. Timmy could stay with me."

"Okay. So I will come with you to the local station and you can board the train yourself. Are you sure you will be able to go to NY and join the university dorm on your own?"

"Dad, you know, your daughter is the bravest girl in the world as long as Timmy is with her."

The rest of the day George spent her time packing her things for the hostel. She was excited but also sad since she would be missing her father terribly. But however, Timmy was going to be with her. Being with Timmy was like being with a dozen of policemen. George thought that she would be missing her stepmother too.

"Okay George, my little girl, take care and eat well. Don't strain yourself. Take care of Timmy too. Be careful during your journey and don't forget to write me once a month."

They were poor. Like really poor.

"Bye dad. Take care of mom and yourself. I'll be missing you both terribly. Bye."

"Bye"

George's eyes were filled with moisture when she entered the train. She made a silent journey with Timmy.

The train moved, carrying George to an entirely new place, for Georgina to fulfill her duty there.