NIGHT TIME Part 5

George walked in. There was a separate small block named OFFICE ROOM. She walked in leaving Timmy outside. Timmy sat silently.

"Excuse me?"

A dark lady turned to her, "Yes? May I help you?"

"I have come to join the hostel. I am Georgina Stick." The dark lady smiled genuinely at her.

"Can I get your ID and other forms? I want to know if you have a pet."

George gave everything and said, "I have brought my dog Timmy. He's at the door."

"Can I look at him?" 

George smiled and called, "Timmy!" Timmy came at the call of his mistress.

"This is my Timmy. He is a very good boy. Timmy! Say hello to her" . Timmy lifted his paw to the lady.

"How clever!" The lady had never seen a dog like Timmy. The lady gave her a card and said, "Here, take this. Your room is at the last block. You may get help from your seniors."

"Thank you."

She walked away and Timmy followed her into the dark place.

It was not completely dark there. Some small lanterns were glowing. She reached the last building among the tall ones. It was painted blue colour. It was Timmy's favourite colour. Timmy ran towards it.

"Excuse me?" a voice came.

George turned back and saw a girl standing. She was taller and paler than George. 

"Are you new?"

"Yes"

"May I help you to find the room?"

"Yes. Thankyou."

"Do you have a card which Mary gave?"

"Yes. Here it is"

The girl took George to her room. George was too tired to observe the features of the single bed room. She dressed and slept alone under the fan, watching it rotating. Timmy slept at her feet.

George thought that she had to sleep under this fan for  the next few days or may be years.

George entered the classroom. Thank God. The professor hadn't come yet. She sat with Mike.

"Hi, Mike"

"What did you say now?"

"I said 'hi Mike' "

"Mmm. I wanted to tell you something. Listen carefully."

"Okay, go on."

"Look, I have changed my name."

George blinked, "why, when and what name?"

"I have changed my name into Tom. Don't ask me why and when. I feel irritated if anyone calls me Mike."

"But the teacher calls you..."

"Yes, my parents didn't like the name Tom but others call me Tom."

"Okay, Mike.... Sorry sorry.... Tom"

The teacher entered and took the attendance. "Michael Stanley?"

"Present sir!"

George grinned and chuckled silently and Mike... no no Tom frowned at her.

"George, my parents are away from home and Annie wants you to come there."

"No objections but I must inform the staff. That's what she said."

"Julian will help you. He is a sophomore."

Mike had.... No no Tom had his brother to take the responsibility.

"Excuse me?" George called from the entrance door of the information centre.

The lady whom George hated looked up, "What do you want?"

"I am here to take this girl out for 5 days. She will be coming to college but not to the dorm. I will take the responsibility. I am Julian."

"Who are you to this girl?"

"I am her cousin brother."

The lady took a paper and asked, "What is the name of the student?"

"Georgina Stick."

"You two put your signs here."

After signing, George walked out of the room and went to the dorm to fetch her books and clothes and especially Timmy.