61

trigger warning: mentions of suicide

"... T-Tea?"

Nettie's eyes slowly blinked open. She looked across the room to see a long-haired blonde girl staring silently across the room at her. "Tea?"

"It's Bailey. Remember me?"

"Oh... hi." Nettie mumbled. "Where's Tea?"

"She was taken out by the nurses to get food, since she wasn't eating. I was in the area so Tea called me." Her voice was solemn and monotone as she spoke. "It's a shame you woke up when she wasn't here."

Nettie let out a moan of pain.

"Do you want me to tell you a story?" Bailey wondered aloud. Nettie made an approving noise. "Do you remember, I told you about a kid named Ares? I'll tell you... about them." Bailey paused. "This place reminds me of Ares." Nettie remained still and quiet, and made a meep sound.

"I have to tell a little bit about me. I promise I'm not vain or anything. So, I was on the football team, quarterback, of course, you should've seen me. I was experiencing a lot of new stuff that year... I hadn't realized then it was dysphoria. Don't get me wrong, I loved being a quarterback, I loved every second of it!" Bailey paused to chuckle. "Sorry, anyways. So, at my school, they had this LGBT+ support group that was held every Friday morning. I forgot what it was called. So, I started to go, and I instantly loved Marco and Tea and Celeste. There was another person in the group. Back then they were called Amy. Amy was very quiet, and they especially didn't like to talk to me." Nettie frowned, which was over exaggerated and humorous due to the anesthetics she was given.

"I didn't know why. I was determined to talk to them. So one day, I just said hi. And they actually spoke back to me. They told me they liked to be called Ares. I asked if they were trans like I was, and they said they were genderfluid, which I was very new to at the time. As we became better friends, they helped me with my transition, and helped me first come out to my parents. We even started dating, to which I was elated. I asked them if they wanted to come out. To my surprise, they already had. Ares said their parents didn't approve. The relationship kind of darkened, and as it continued, Ares started lashing out, randomly crying... I-I didn't know..." She abruptly stopped, shaking.

"On September 16th, Ares overdosed and killed themselves."

Nettie wasn't making noises anymore. Even the drugs couldn't distract her from the gravity of this situation. Suddenly, the door slammed open. "Nettie!"

•••
a/n; i'm sorry ;-; it pained me to write this, but if there's anything you think i missed feel free to ask me!!
EDIT: ares is also asexual