103

"Long time no see, huh guys?" Kari grinned and put Tea and Nettie in a headlock, as they exchanged an amused glance.

"Yeah," Tea grinned. "Busy I guess."

"Really busy, apparently." Mason joked. "We haven't seen either of you two for months!"

"I bet they haven't even seen each other." Kari said accusingly. "That's why we brought you here."

"That's not true," Mason frowned. "you told me you just love carnivals and didn't want to be the loser going alon–"

"Be quiet, please!" Kari huffed. "Anyways, what ride do you wanna go on first?"

"Not the high rides!" Nettie blurted out immediately.

"What? Those are the best ones!" Kari whined. "We're gonna make you go later, you'll see..."

"Fine, can we go on the swirly ride? The one that's kinda like the teacups?" She sighed in reply.

After five minutes of constant dizziness, the group stumbled off the ride, giggling and debating whether or not to go again. They decided against it, instead riding the other array of attractions and playing the many games the carnival provided. Finally, they approached the last right they haven't rode the didn't cause Nettie to break down completely.

"The Ferris wheel! It's slow! What do you think?" Kari was practically jumping waiting for Nettie's reply. Nettie sighed and nodded. "WHOO! Let's go!" Tea jumped after her.

"I'm gonna rock it like crazy!" She turned to see Nettie's terrified face. "Aww c'mon... umm... what about if we ride twice? I'll ride once with you and once with..."

"Me." Mason offered, having not spoken for a long time. Tea nodded. "Okay, let's go guys."

They had trouble getting in the carts at first because of the pitch black sky practically blinding them, but the ride finally started. Tea heard her girlfriend quietly screaming in the next cart over, and felt concerned at first. "Beautiful night, isn't it?" Mason thought aloud, his head leaning against the back of the cart, which slightly swayed it. "Tea?"

"Oh--uhh, yeah. Totally. Really pretty." Tea quickly looked at the sky and pretended she was paying attention.

"You seem distracted. Is it because..." Mason trailed off.

"Yeah, I guess." Tea sighed.

"Why even torture yourselves with staying together, then? You're both already separating, and you live in the same cities. How are you going to do it with different careers going in completely different directions?" Mason's voice was concerned, as if he wanted Tea to know how solve her problems so she and Nettie could be happy.

She crossed her arms and sighed. "I... keep thinking, we'll stick together. We can get through this. We've gone through a lot together. But... is it all just a fantasy? Will we have to... break up someday? I don't want to have to, she doesn't want to either, but what choice will we have?"

"I don't know." Mason shrugged. "I think out of all the people in the world, you two can do it, though." Teagan smiled.

"Thanks, dude." She murmured. They sat in silence and watched the sky for the rest of the time they had. The night quickly molded into its rightful place, with the two best friends chatting noisily on one part of the amusement ride, and the couple quietly cuddling and whispering to each other on the other.

"Tea?" Nettie said softly, her voice high and small and sounding like a child's.

"Hm," Teagan turned her head towards Nettie, who was cuddled up between her head and shoulder. "What's up?"

"There's only about a month before I leave for college. What are... are we..." Nettie's voice suddenly choked up. Teagan softly stroked the side of Nettie's face, tilting her chin up slowly.

"Don't think about that right now. Right now, just think about..." Teagan gestured outwards to the seemingly moving sky. "This." She paused. "Us."

Nettie sniffles and smiled, softly repeating, "Us." as she leant in for a kiss from Teagan.

Us.

•••
a/n:; i'm REALLY REALLY sorry for not posting for like a month! i've been very busy with high school, art, and starting another book for you guys. i'm very excited for you to see it, so i've decided to give you a little blurb!

"sallie ortiz, the sleaziest, most rebellious, most awfully enticing girl that has ever existed, is suddenly infatuated with josephine kennedy, a soft-spoken, spiritual, and obedient girl who seems like an alien to sallie.
... what sallie doesn't know is that while love is easy to fall into, it isn't easy to fall out of."

i hope that gets you all a lil excited! on another note, i'm not able to post a singing video because my tablet is not cooperating nor is my phone, BUT i will post a face reveal when my self-esteem is a little higher!

also... some merch might be coming ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) yeeeee

QOTC; use emojis to describe your favorite character from itywab!
AOTC; 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩🍵💁🏾!! guess who!