68

Nettie wheeled herself out of the doors of her hospital, quickly looking around. She spotted Tea leaning on a pole outside of the facility, scrolling through her phone. "Tea!" She shouted, rolling as fast as she could towards her girlfriend.

Tea quickly turned and flashed a smile. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail under a baseball hat, with a leather jacket covering some tee-shirt. "Nettie!" She ran towards Nettie, but stopped when she realized she couldn't exactly hug her, so she kneeled down and tried to reach her arms around the girl instead. "Are you ready for some fishy fun?"

"Yeah," Nettie giggled. "I guess so, whatever that means!"

After getting Nettie and her wheelchair stuffed into Teagan's car, they drove for a while in silence. "What's your favorite song? Put it on." Teagan asked after handing Nettie her phone and an aux cord.

"Umm... let's see..." Nettie murmured as she scrolled through the options. She smiled in amusement and pressed play.

"We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just want to tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand
Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert—"

"Okay, stop, just stop. Play something good."
"But that's the best."
"True. Just— play something else."

"Hey Jude, don't make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her into your heart
Then you can start to make it better..."

Tea softly hummed along. She had a faint but good voice, she was no professional singer, but she could sing without anyone's ears bleeding. Nettie smiled and listened to the song and her girlfriend's voice in unison, looking out the window and studying the side of the road.

"Here we are!" Teagan shrieked suddenly after a few peaceful minutes, swerving into a parking lot and abruptly stopping. Nettie held on for her dear life and panted as her life flashed before her eyes. "Alright! Aquarium date, aquarium date, best date ever, best date ever, aquarium date!" Tea sang as she hopped from the car.

•••
a/n; i may start doing QOTC (question of the chapters)...
         i'll answer the questions in the comments, including the question in the last chapter! i hope you all are ready for some romantic times!!

THIS QOTC; What is your ideal date?