98

"Marco, you must be the only person in the universe who likes pistachio ice cream." Jasper stared at his boyfriend as he licked his own ice cream cone.

"Says the guy who got sherbet." Marco mumbled under his breath.

"Hey, it's Superman Sherbet! I am Superman!" Jasper explained, flexing his arm in display to the group.

"I'm Batman." Marco said in the deepest voice he could muster.

"Please, Marc." Celeste chuckled. "You're Spider-Man." The rest of the group nodded in agreement.

"Because I'm lean and heroic?" Marco flashed an arrogant grin.

"No, because you're a total nerd dude!" Teagan shoved her elbow into Marco's chest. "Ha, just kidding, dude. But you and Jas should try that Spidey kiss sometime."

"Hey," Nettie turned to Jasper and Marco. "how did you get together anyways?"

"Whoo! Here we go." Destiny smiled, shuffling forward to get closer to the couple. "This is my favorite story. Who's telling?"

Marco turned to Jasper. "You can tell it this time. I told it last time."

"Okay. Everyone ready?" Jasper inhaled slowly. "Good. So... I was always the popular guy because of football. I had money, friends, and like, every girl was obsessed with me. I had dated almost every girl on the cheerleading squad, too. I had always been surrounded by this specific perfect world. But it didn't ever feel perfect to me. I noticed this guy, Marco, in my classes, and he didn't seem to be affected by my world. My friends would pick on him sometimes, but he would just keep reading his book or doing his homework. There was always something else for him. Marco didn't even seem to notice or care about me, even when I tried to talk to him or anything. I told Bailey that he made me feel different than everyone else I've associated with, that he was special in some way. Bailey said maybe I had a crush on him, which sent me into a spiral of confusion. She offered the idea of joining the club she was in, which helps with LGBT+ issues and problems. I took her advice, and to my surprise, Marco was in the club. So convenient she decided to leave that part out." He rolled his eyes and looked over to Bailey, who winked with a sly smile. "So, now that we had more to relate to each other, so we talked more, and I just developed a bigger crush on him and I felt more... right. I got teased by some of my football friends, but everyone was pretty accepting. On Christmas Eve, I took Marco on a horse-drawn carriage ride to the carnival... and I asked him out... and..." Jasper's voice got quiet as he blushed profusely.

"Aww, my big cheeseball." Marco hugged Jasper and planted a kiss on his cheek, which just made Jasper blush more.

"That was such a cute story!" Nettie exclaimed.

"Such a cute couple." Destiny cooed.

"Not as cute as us!" Celeste wrapped her arm around Destiny and pulled her in lovingly.

"Or us!" Teagan winked at Nettie flirtatiously.

Bailey sat and smiled half-heartedly at all the couples. "You guys are all so cute..." She murmured. "... I'm just alone. Forever alone, haha..."

•••
a/n; it's okay bailey <3

UNRELATED: why is writing a song so dang difficult?!!! i can't write songs for shiiiiiiiii--

QOTC: who's your least favorite AND favorite MAIN CHARACTER?
AOTC: least favorite: nettie probs tbh
favorite: mason (or jas) :OO