Eight

They watched from the corner of the wall as the guy wearing the hoody looked around. It wasn't clear what he was actually looking for until he came to a stop in front of the glass mirror. Taking out a sludge hammer he smashed the mirror which revealed to have a slave. One each level there neatly stacked was bundles of something  rapped in cloth. Taking out a larger bag, he started to put it in it. 

Barry zoomed out before Caitlin could blink and he was back. He opened one of the bags and it had bag full of the jewelly from the store. "Now do you think we can arrest him?" Asked Barry. 

Both of them came out of the corner and approached the thief. He stopped and looked up when he heard the two approaching. He put out his hand and a loud bang sounded the room. Barry placed his hand over Caitlin and ducked quickly. Silence fell and slowly they got up and looked around the empty room. 

"What... Why are we here?" Asked Caitlin. "We can't get caught here otherwise we won't be able to save Ben," she whispered when she heard someone approaching. 

                         //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"So what did you find at the crime scene. And if Joe asks, you were never there," joked H.R. 

"What are you talking about?" Asked Barry confused. "I remember talking  to the owner about what he remembered and we went there but then I don't remember what happened."

"You don't remember talking to me in that time period?" Questioned Cisco. "Did you guys hit your head or something." "But to be on the safe side let's try and see if we have any footage of you guys. 

Cisco pulled out the footage of the store from one of the street cameras. He fast forward until they saw a flash or yellow light indicating Barry's arrival. Then something strange happened. Even with a lot of police standing outside the store, someone wearing a black hoody walked I through the front door five minutes after Barry and Caitlin went in. Then the guy ran out and after a while an office is shown going in and another flash. 

"Hey, look at the time stamp on it. How long do you reckon we were in that store?" Asked Caitlin. 

"Like five minutes and we never ran into that guy in the footage." 

"Because of the cameras are correct then we were in there longer than that. Like around half an hour. So what happened the rest of the time we were there?" 

"I don't remember and why who was that guy. Why didn't CCPD police see him come in?" 

"All good questions but we have answers for non of them," said H.R.

                             //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Barry came back to his is lab where he saw Juilian working in his own case. He looked up at him and then went back to what he was doing. Barry couldn't stop thinking about what happened earlier. If what Caitlin was true then they had twenty minutes uncounted for. What had happened?

"You okay there Allen?" Came the voice of Julian. 

Snapping out of it Barry looked at Juilian. "Yeah, I really think I need a break after this. Have too much going on and maybe I'm losing my head." 

"Something that I can help with," offered Juilian. 

"You won't believe me like the otehrs. I'm telling  you all that something is wrong here. Ben is innocent and now what happened with Caitlin and me..." Trailed off Barry. 

"I know that you don't want to hear this but you have other things to worry about then a criminal who may or may not have been framed. How are you planning on saving Iris?" 

"Honestly I don't know. I tried thinking of all possible ways to Save her. I planned Wally attacking Savitar while I get Iris out of the way yet still it doesn't work out. I have tried my best to change all possible timelines to have a better outcome on the future yet nothing. I'm missing something here. I'm not giving up on her." 

"I know and I also know that whatever solution there is out there, you may not like it. You should not talk Savitar lightly and you once came so close to dying didn't you. Remember who was the one that helped you out then?"

Barry thought back to the time when Savitar attacked and when he was being strangled and couldn't see him who was the one who helped him. It was Caitlin. She has used her powers to freeze him out. 

"I know where you are going with this but like I said before, I'm not going to drag her in this and ask her to unleash Killer Frost. To save Iris, I'm not losing Caitlin."

"What if that is your only option. I mean think about it. And I have seen what killer frost can do and she is the last person that I would want to hunt me but I can help create a device that will help her be in control at all times." 

"Do you even hear what you are asking for. How is that device guarantee that she doesn't fully of crazy. For all we know what if your device is the reason Killer Frost is at large in the future." 

"All I'm saying is to think about it. She may be our secert weapon that we have been looking for to save Iris," said Juilian. 

Barry hated this. Things weren't going well as  constantly fighting with Juilian about Caitlin and her safety was getting to him too. Why was Juilian so fussed on having Caitlin use her powers when they all were against it? Was Barry right on not trusting him fully? He cared about Iris and he would do anything for her but he wasn't going to hurt the other most important people in his life.